Thread: STL Boat Show

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    so you called a dealer and got this price you speak of? Or is it just rumors?

The 198 price? It was the dealership that we can no longer name here due to sponsorship bs. I sent him a PM here when it was said that he had 2 on order. Like I mentioned a few post back, I think the real price will be very different than what he told me.

But Kelly Power also threw almost the exact same number to me on Facebook.

exact quote from the dealership, copy & pasted, “Keep in mind that the base price, without a dual console and without an Ultrex, is just over $59k for a 198 Elite and 225 SHO”.

I realize that the sho is about $2k more than a merc Pro XS.

I do hope you’re implying that his price was incorrect because I want one pretty bad and my buddy was thinking about looking at them too. Obviously if I wasn’t interested, I wouldn’t be hanging around in here.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 02-14-2018 at 11:05 PM.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    With the new 198 and supply and demand being what its going to be, I would think there would be much of a discount on the boat for the first year or two.
    Until they can get to boats sitting on the floor, price will be a premium I would think.

Might end up be a bidding war on boats on order, like when a new car is coming out and dealers can demand higher then advertise price for when they come in.

If the price would be in the low 40K I would think that they wouldn't be able to keep up with demand.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Demand is already at the max why saturate the market like the company s did in the 80-90 you see what happened.

4. Member
    I would say the demand is there! The 210 has been out for over 2 years and they can't keep up. The 198 will be the same way.

5. Member
    Keeping up with this alleged demand is kind of deceiving. If you only have the manufacturing capacity to turn out a few boats a week, demand doesn't have to be too great to create a back-log. Those molds cost a pretty penny and it's not like you have plenty of them lying around. Just saying. To the comment above about market saturation, Remington is filing bankruptcy because they over-produced during Obama's reign of terror. Now there is much less possibility of Congress making new stupid anti-gun laws. Oh, almost forgot this tidbit. Bass Cat for instance has never built more than 350 boats a year. At the StL Boat Show they were claiming a lead time of 16 to 18 weeks.

6. Member
    you're absolutely correct on the capacity Steve! If Charger builds 100 boats a year in the coming years, I will be surprised. I had 3 different people tell me that they have sent almost 20 210 elites to Japan. They wanted 50! Like it has been said numerous times by TOC - not everyone posts on here.

I do hope you’re implying that his price was incorrect because I want one pretty bad and my buddy was thinking about looking at them too. Obviously if I wasn’t interested, I wouldn’t be hanging around in here.
    [/QUOTE]

not implying anything, was just wondering where the prices came from. Back in the 80's when stratos was hot, they were price 2000 to 4000$ difference in price

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Snoopy Rod, if you want one why get a 198 when you can get a 210!!!

you mean a no show 198

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123