Thread: STL Boat Show

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    752
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Use to be 3-4 charger dealer in stlouis area I bet they wish they would’ve stayed on.
    Three or four???? I don't think so. Only one I can remember was Clark's, and Marty's can't be considered a StL area dealer. The 210 Marty's had was $77K.

  2. ozarkCat
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Old Monroe
    Posts
    241
    #22
    Eberlins was a charger dealer, there was one in Hazelwood off Lindberg and 270 and there was one for a short time between troy and Hawk Point Mo. and there was some across the river in Illinois

  3. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ofallon, MO
    Posts
    1,795
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkCat View Post
    Eberlins was a charger dealer, there was one in Hazelwood off Lindberg and 270 and there was one for a short time between troy and Hawk Point Mo. and there was some across the river in Illinois
    yep. and Scenic Rivers Down near Farmington. Scenic Rivers sold a bunch of them

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ofallon, MO
    Posts
    1,795
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Best thing that ever happened to dealers is having one dealer per boat manufacturer in a given city. Two or more dealers tend to cut each others throat. Now a lot of manufacturers have gone to National Advertising Pricing to prevent the throat cutting. Like it or not, a dealer needs profit to keep his doors open. There was only one St. Louis area bass boat dealer not there that I know of. There are three Ranger dealers in St. Louis area and only one wasn't there.
    I think the reason there are so few dealers is because sales have sucked for years. Dealers that were not there: Belleville Sports, Quillers, Trout and Sons, Cowtown, Gator boats, Riverpro. I only noticed some of the small guys because both me and my buddy wanted to look at some jet boats

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    14,086
    #25
    Clark's Boat & Motor Co. over in Alto, Ill. is or was a Charger dealer... Dan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Wins go on the mantle. Losses go in your soul". - Don Barone

  6. Member Jim Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pacific, Missouri
    Posts
    3,867
    #26
    There was one in Washington Mo for a short while. Maybe one in Sullivan also?
    I got nothin

  7. Member Snoopy Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    fish city, TN
    Posts
    1,914
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkCat View Post
    Eberlins was a charger dealer, there was one in Hazelwood off Lindberg and 270 and there was one for a short time between troy and Hawk Point Mo. and there was some across the river in Illinois
    I remember Eberlins, thought they went to Champion after Charger.

  8. Member Jim Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pacific, Missouri
    Posts
    3,867
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    I remember Eberlins, thought they went to Champion after Charger.
    They went to Stratos when they were Charger dealers. Dropped Charger. Don't know what, if anything they added at that time. Now a Ranger dealer and aluminum boats.
    I got nothin

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    752
    #29
    Main reason some of those "outlying" dealers no longer go to the StL Boat Show is the almost $5 a square foot cost plus food and lodging for their staff for 5 days. I'm pretty sure this was the 1st year Marty's came to StL. Of course Marty sold Marty's 2 years ago. I'm sure Kelly had a little to do with them showing up because StL used to have a pretty strong Champion crowd. I just don't think the Charger Champion is going to garner back that bunch mainly because they're getting too old and the younger crowd has gone to other manufactures. I'm really waiting to see how Vexus is going to shake up the industry. Will people fawn all over them because of who is building them? Will present Ranger dealers jump ship? Will present Ranger owners abandon what they thought was the best of the best? I can hardly wait.

  10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    St Louis Mo.
    Posts
    7,527
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Main reason some of those "outlying" dealers no longer go to the StL Boat Show is the almost $5 a square foot cost plus food and lodging for their staff for 5 days. I'm pretty sure this was the 1st year Marty's came to StL. Of course Marty sold Marty's 2 years ago. I'm sure Kelly had a little to do with them showing up because StL used to have a pretty strong Champion crowd. I just don't think the Charger Champion is going to garner back that bunch mainly because they're getting too old and the younger crowd has gone to other manufactures. I'm really waiting to see how Vexus is going to shake up the industry. Will people fawn all over them because of who is building them? Will present Ranger dealers jump ship? Will present Ranger owners abandon what they thought was the best of the best? I can hardly wait.
    The young crowd and older are buying the 210 .Once the 198 comes I bet sales double again just from the 210 sales.People are buying the 210 and the orders show that it’s still a desired hull.They don’t post every boat that is built and there’s only 10 people on the charger board that post. They have sold way over 6-7000 boats in 45 years and owners of chargers just don’t get on here and post.Kelly knows a lot of people that want the champ hull and now he has 2 models to offer them .The problem with charger is no advertising if they ran a few ads in bassmaster or on tv it would definitely get the word out that champ hull is back.But as joe says we can only build so many a year .They build a lot of deck boats and all the consoles and and anything fiberglass for all the toons they sell I know Joe Dorris said they are close with the 198 and 210 orders that keep coming in.Charger is a lot more than just a bassboat company.

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,032
    #31
    I think the 198 will challenge the Caracal and 919 in sales as it may pull a lot of those buyers in that general under 20 foot market over to the 198.

  12. Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,038
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    I think the 198 will challenge the Caracal and 919 in sales as it may pull a lot of those buyers in that general under 20 foot market over to the 198.
    No it won't. Not at the rumored price.

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boerne, Texas
    Posts
    13,261
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Snickers89 View Post
    No it won't. Not at the rumored price.

    Agree, I was quoted $51k for a decent loaded Caracal. Really wanting a 198, but not for $9k more.

    I sure hope the real world price is better than the fairly land price I was quoted from a Charger dealer.

  14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    St Louis Mo.
    Posts
    7,527
    #34
    Real world prices are not MSRP prices.Boat dealers are not allowed for the first year to give out what the real world prices they can only “MSRP.Once you sit down to make the deal then the real world price comes out.

  15. Member Snoopy Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    fish city, TN
    Posts
    1,914
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Agree, I was quoted $51k for a decent loaded Caracal. Really wanting a 198, but not for $9k more.

    I sure hope the real world price is better than the fairly land price I was quoted from a Charger dealer.
    what year, and what do you mean by decently loaded?

  16. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    2,998
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Real world prices are not MSRP prices.Boat dealers are not allowed for the first year to give out what the real world prices they can only “MSRP.Once you sit down to make the deal then the real world price comes out.
    That's weird. I've seen current 2018 boats listed at dealer prices that are far below MSRP

  17. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boerne, Texas
    Posts
    13,261
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    what year, and what do you mean by decently loaded?
    2018, just spec’d it last Friday.


    you know: 2 hummingbird 7” helix graphs, tandem axle trailer, jackplate, merc 225 Pro xs, 24v Fortrex, 3 bank mk Charger, 3 agm battery’s, slidemaster jackplate, emergency ladder, etc. The only thing else to upgrade would be dual console, bigger graphs, hydraulic jackplate, a fancier
    double bolt color scheme and they have an option for more gas tanks.

    I can post a picture of the spec sheet, but I doubt a person could read it.


    Its going to be hard to make a deal when I have to drive 4 hours to the closest dealer to find out what the real price is. There is no way this boat will cost more than a 210 and the dealerships should quit with these ridiculous prices that they are throwing out there since we can see the 210’s prices being in the mid/upper 50’s-low 60’s.


    But I get it, they sell enough that they don’t really need the sales from the smaller boat.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 02-14-2018 at 09:50 PM.

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    2,998
    #38
    That seems like a good price on a Caracal rigged out like that.

  19. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boerne, Texas
    Posts
    13,261
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    That seems like a good price on a Caracal rigged out like that.

    To be honest, he told me exactly how much profit he adds to the cost and it’s way cheaper than most dealerships charge. He used to be a charger dealer but dropped it because of lack of sales, I’m wishing like hell he was still a dealer now!

    and I’m scared at how a Caracal rides, never been in one and I can’t imagine they have a champ ride.

  20. Member Snoopy Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    fish city, TN
    Posts
    1,914
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    2018, just spec’d it last Friday.


    you know: 2 hummingbird 7” helix graphs, tandem axle trailer, jackplate, merc 225 Pro xs, 24v Fortrex, 3 bank mk Charger, 3 agm battery’s, slidemaster jackplate, emergency ladder, etc. The only thing else to upgrade would be dual console, bigger graphs, hydraulic jackplate, a fancier
    double bolt color scheme and they have an option for more gas tanks.

    I can post a picture of the spec sheet, but I doubt a person could read it.


    Its going to be hard to make a deal when I have to drive 4 hours to the closest dealer to find out what the real price is. There is no way this boat will cost more than a 210 and the dealerships should quit with these ridiculous prices that they are throwing out there since we can see the 210’s prices being in the mid/upper 50’s-low 60’s.


    But I get it, they sell enough that they don’t really need the sales from the smaller boat.
    so you called a dealer and got this price you speak of? Or is it just rumors?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast