Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gator back bunks on Pantera 2

The P2 I am looking at buying has the Gator back bunks (I believe that's what they are called).
    If I remember correctly, these cause gel coat issues when loading and unloading the boat.
    Do I need to replace them? Will BCB do it under warranty if it is an issue?

Thanks Don
    IMG_2511.jpg
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. Scraps
    Not sure these cause gelcoat issues. They are supposed to eliminate blistering issues in the gelcoat. Depending on the year Cat, the GatorBaks may not have been made for the BCB Trailer. If they look like they fit correctly, I would be glad that they're on the trailer.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Not sure these cause gelcoat issues. They are supposed to eliminate blistering issues in the gelcoat. Depending on the year Cat, the GatorBaks may not have been made for the BCB Trailer. If they look like they fit correctly, I would be glad that they're on the trailer.
    I guess that should have been my question? I know Gatorbak had its own product, but was also working a product for BCB. This a 2016 Pantera 2, so it's from the factory.
    I remember a thread where there were issues, and BCB told the owner to bring it to a dealer and would replace them with carpeted bunks.
    I'm not sure if this is the pillow block type he was referring too.
    Otherwise I'm happy with these bunks, as long as it doesn't eat into the gel coat. Especially where the outer rear lip (edge) sits on the bunk.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    My dealer changed mine back to carpet. No charge

Get your dealer to swap them out as soon as possible. They will scuff your boat up pretty good quickly.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

We left them as consumer decisions on replacement for the original owners. If they wanted them replaced, then we would. Though several owners were not major towing anglers and fished many times close to home. Thus left their GatorBak bunks as they were to keep the moisture down, as their boats were continuously wet and have little road time. Road transportation rubbing continues to be the issue we are concerned with on GatorBak bunks.

Bass Cat continues to research different bunk methods, not for moisture and blisters, though to prevent transportation of invasive species. Viligers are larvae of mussels and are also microscopic. These embedded into carpeting can wreak havoc on a virgin reservoir without an infestation.

BCB

7. Member
    Could be very wrong but that doesn't look like the gatorbak to me. It looks like the pillow style they used for a short time. I thought on those the issue was tearing between tge pillows. But I could be mistaken

8. Member
    It looks like the pillow type.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Member
    My wife is picking up the boat Monday.
    I will be home for my six week break. Once I head back out the country, I will drop it off at my local dealer to be replaced.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

10. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    It looks like the pillow type.
    That is definitely the pillow type.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

11. Member
    The OP is not gatorbak. My 2016 Puma has them and no issues for me. As BCB posted, I do most of my fishing 30 minutes away from my home, so not a lot of time driving to dry the carpet bunks. My hull is black and I may have some scuffs on it due to the gatorbak bunks, but it is what it is. I have lived long enough, and have had enough boats, to know that both life, and bass boats are a compromise. Only one perfect life so far (Jesus), and never a perfect boat, all have some compromise, no matter how minor.

12. Member
    I have a 2016 PII that had GatorBunks on the trailer when purchased new. The bunks were replaced within two months as they were scratching the hull and actually scratching into the gel coat. BassCat paid for the repair and replaced the bunks as I am the original owner. I would get them changed to the carpeted bunks ASAP if you purchase and make sure you lift the hull to look under where the hull sits on the bunk.

13. Member
    Thanks everyone for the input.
    At this time it looks like the deal may have fallen thru. The seller and my wife were going to close the deal Monday, but he doesn't have a LDWF registration card.
    My Credit union requires it.
    Pretty disappointed. Boat had everything I wanted. Loaded. Including power poles.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

14. Member
    Was the boat never registered anywhere?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Was the boat never registered anywhere?
    He said it was registered but never received his card. The boat has no numbers on it.
    They told him he would have to apply for a duplicate. I don't know if LDWF has gotten better, but it took them 6 months to get mine.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

16. Member
    He's gonna have to get it if he wants to sell the boat. Get him to apply for the duplicate and tell him to give you a call when he gets it. There are some nice caracals and panteras out there

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    He's gonna have to get it if he wants to sell the boat. Get him to apply for the duplicate and tell him to give you a call when he gets it. There are some nice caracals and panteras out there
    Well he had the Titles for the Boat, motor, and trailer. Figured that would be all that's needed for the sale. Credit union said it was policy and card was required.
    Will see if he attempts to get the duplicate card.

Thanks for the input on the bunks. I will definitely replace them with carpeted bunks if this deal happens.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

In Louisiana we believe the card is the transfer paperwork in state, same is true in Arkansas. Your Credit Union is being cautious on a lean challenge.

BCB

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    In Louisiana we believe the card is the transfer paperwork in state, same is true in Arkansas. Your Credit Union is being cautious on a lean challenge.

BCB
    I believe you are correct BCB. Just frustrating on my part.
    If it works out, I did received a lot of good input on the P2 and the bunks. I believe it will be the happy medium for me. Having owned BCB 20 footers and a Sabre, this will be perfect for the lakes I fish. Also, an excellent deal!! which leads to more frustration! LOL!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

20. Member
    Cajunhunter-that is a bummer and I'm sure you are disappointed. LDWF may be getting better tho. When I bought my '13 Cougar it took 9 months to get the registration numbers in but on my '17 Eyra it only took a couple of months. Hopefully you can figure something out if it's that good of a deal. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast