Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texlacat View Post
    Cajunhunter-that is a bummer and I'm sure you are disappointed. LDWF may be getting better tho. When I bought my '13 Cougar it took 9 months to get the registration numbers in but on my '17 Eyra it only took a couple of months. Hopefully you can figure something out if it's that good of a deal. Good luck.
    My wife just called me. Credit Union is going to do the deal without the card!
    Will have the boat Friday!! Great Valentines present from the wife!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. Member
    My dealer received the new carpeted bunks.
    I was set to have them installed. I decided to jack the boat up and check the Gel coat.
    Unfortunately it looks like the pillow blocks have made grooves in the gel coat where the outer bunk contacts the hull when loading.
    Also where the boat sat on them, it wore small indents in the gel coat.
    It looked like the pillow blocks was sanding the gel coat. Powder can be seen on the strake. Most of the wear is on the starboard side. My guess due to the weight of the driver when loading.
    By the way, this isn't a rant in any way. My dealer has been notified and pics sent. This will be dealt with between my dealer (Who has excellent service) and BCB.
    I am just putting this up for others who may have the pillow block bunks. Just keep an eye on the hull.
    Always soak the bunks prior to loading. It helps a lot. Keep the rear ratchet straps tight. I'm sure if you want to keep them, this will help slow the process of some of these issues.

Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 04-11-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    I need to lift up my Caracal and take a look after seeing that. I had them on the trailer for a year before the replacements came in.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T.CAT View Post
    I need to lift up my Caracal and take a look after seeing that. I had them on the trailer for a year before the replacements came in.
    3 ton floor jack with a 2x6 across the rear pad will get it high enough to check this.
    I also latched the trailer to my truck so the forward weight is not on the wheel jack.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

5. Member
    Take it for what is is worth, any hard material on the gelcoat is going to affect it.

6. Member
    If you have the pillow bunks like the OP, you will have the gel coat damage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12