Which Fuel Line?

I have a 87 Champion 201 with a 99 Mercury 200EFFI. Since I have everything out my my back compartment since I was changing my pumps & fitting. I decided to change some fuel lines. On my boat both tanks go to a electric selector switch and then to a electric pump, and then to the outboard. I told the local boat shop what I was doing and they sold me some gray Mercury fuel line. I'm a little confuse on what type of hose to use and where I can use it at. I also have read a bunch of negative reviews on the gray fuel line. I want to replace all the fuel lines, because of there age, and I have the access to them now. Any suggestion or comments will be appreciated

J1527 means it is for marine applications. The A1/B1 is the rating that it is given based on fire and permeation resistance..etc. A1 is rated for enclosed areas (below deck), B1 is for non-enclosed areas.

With an outboard, most just use B1-15 from tank to bulb to fuel pump. To do it right, you would use 3/8" from tank to bulb with A1-15. Bulb to fuel pump with 5/16" B1-15.

If you have a connector at the cowling that connects two hoses together, remove it and run your fuel line as one continuous hose from bulb to low pressure fuel pump. One less leak to worry about
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

Just re-read your post. A1 for everything including electric pump. B1 from electric pump to motor is how I would do it
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

4. Member
    5/16" is correct hose from bulb to engine, use 3/8" from tank to bulb. Mercury hose with blue lettering is current EPA specification. Ensure you warm hose up before attaching to fittings, dip an inch or so into HOT water for 10 seconds or so, then fling water off and install. If you don't warm it up first you may damage the liner and cause it to separate.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Before you make any changes- let's take a quick look at the Forum Announcements, and provide the REQUIRED info. Thanks!

Standard-Production models do NOT use (and should not use) an electric fuel pump mounted outside the engine cowling. That was used on SOME select race-model engines (specifically).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor