2004 190 prov DC
    200 EFI MERC
    10" SLIDEMASTER
    25 TEMPEST PLUS 1 LARGE PLUG
    2" below pad
    65 MPH GPS WOT
    5700 RPM
    PLANES IN A DAY AND A HALF
    Added 5deg neg wedges, but have not tested them yet (holeshot)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is this the right prop?
    Last edited by mossyoak76; 02-08-2018 at 09:59 PM.

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Most Merc/Blazer combo's like a 4 blade prop better than a 3 blade. Its obvious that you have a ton of prop slip so...... A couple of questions......

1. What is your water pressure at WOT
    2. When you take off, what RPMs does the motor spool up to before biting
    3. What kind of condition is the prop in

3. Member
    Is it bogging or slipping on take off. 2" is too low. Should be closer to 1" below. See if a friend has a 25 trophy and try that.

4. Member
    Water pressure seems to be an issue. I have a smartcraft sc1000 on the boat and according to it I'm under 12psi. My analog WP gauge is saying I am closer to 20psi. I'm not sure which one to trust. If the analog is more accurate then it would ease my mind and I would have a lot more room to work with.

5. Member
    If I remove the 1 plug my prop has in it now, It just blows out trying to come out of the hole. Since am only running 1 plug with the large hole in it could I still be venting to much, and causing slip? I am not really hearing it in the rpms. I have several new solid plugs to play with.

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I would plug all the hole with the med PVS plugs. When running WOT do you have a strong pee stream coming from the motor?

7. Member
    I do have a steady tell stream. I seriously think my smartcraft WP readings are less accurate than my analog. Do you have any experience with the early smartcafts Rebel?

I had the same exact setup. Mine would redline real quick with that prop. I went to a 26p Trophy plus and vented it with all 4 plugs medium. Jumps on plane and brought my rpms down to 5600 on the dot. Ive got it a little deep. When i raise it any the water pressure drops real quick on mine. If its just me it runs low 70's. With full tanks, livewells and another person Im around 68mph on gps. Now the motor I have is a Blackmax so it might make a difference.

9. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    No, I was always ran a Yamaha on my Blazers.

10. Member
    Finally had a break in the weather today to get out and run the blazer since installing the 5deg negative wedges. Holeshot cured.

25p TEMPEST
    Almost 2 3/4" below pad
    63mph GPS
    5900+ rpm

11. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Rasie your motor...you need to be in the 1.5 below range. Your prop slip is still way too high.

12. Member
    Would raising the motor not cause more slip? Also I am above Mercury recommended RPM already. When I can get hold of some Trophy props. I am going to tinker with it some more.

13. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    No, not necessarily. The prop will slip depending how it can bite the water. Being lower doesn't always mean it will get a better bite, that depends on the hull, lower unit, and prop. Most all Blazers run better anywhere from 1.5in below and up.

14. Member
    What about trim angle and attitude of a Blazer? The reason I am asking is, when I go up more with my motor my amount of trim past the neutral trim state will be less because my water pressure begins to fall off quickly. I also realize a Trophy will help with lift also. The runs we made Sunday were mainly to test our holeshot after the wedges were installed. We were limited on time so those numbers were just on a couple of runs and we trimmed the motor all the way up at wide open throttle. In my mind I am thinking that there was a sweet spot somewhere between neutral trim and full trim that was performing better, more efficiently, and slipping less. We just trimmed right on past it. Correct me if I'm wrong. We have ran this motor so low (3.5"+) for so long that we had to full trim to get anything out of it. That was just what we were used to doing. I think my mind is starting to process it, but help me understand.

15. Member
    Who around Knoxville, or down toward Lenoir City would have some Props I could possibly demo. Before I drop $500 on a new one that won't work for me. Do you know anyone up around my area that may have a spare I could try?

16. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The 190 is going to run pretty flat when its hooked up so you are more than likely over trimming along with the motor being way too low. I don't know of anyone who might have some props. The only spares I have are way too big.