updating charts on 7610 with Active Captain and Android

I have tried updating my charts with the Active Captain on my 7610 without any luck. It connects, and gives me a message that it is updating charts but it stalls at the same point each and everytime, 82%. Then I get a message telling me update failed and to check card space and I see my card is almost full. What on here is stored
    in memory of 7610 and what can I deleted to clear space?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I think you have some options.
    First, if you want to rety it with the card you have, you could copy stuff off the card to your computer so you won't lose it. Later you can put it back.
    Stuff you can copy off then delete: Quickdraw, scn, updates and the file GUPDATE.GCD. Then you can retry. Is this an old map card? I don't what the GMAPBLIN folder is unless it was already a map card. Cross your fingers.

Second, you could try a bigger SD card. That may resolve the problem.

Third. Call Garmin CS Monday and ask them to send up the update card via mail.

Fourth. PM Todd. He'll probaby have better advice.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I think you have some options.
    First, if you want to rety it with the card you have, you could copy stuff off the card to your computer so you won't lose it. Later you can put it back.
    Stuff you can copy off then delete: Quickdraw, scn, updates and the file GUPDATE.GCD. Then you can retry. Is this an old map card? I don't what the GMAPBLIN folder is unless it was already a map card. Cross your fingers.

Second, you could try a bigger SD card. That may resolve the problem.

Third. Call Garmin CS Monday and ask them to send up the update card via mail.

Fourth. PM Todd. He'll probaby have better advice.

Well now I know, LOL. Thanks for the reply, I know it is sincere.
    ON EDIT I failed to mention this is a 32 gig card.
    I am thinking I will try copying some of it to my computer then delete and retry. Not in a hurry so maybe
    Todd will see this and have some thoughts.
    Last edited by azbohunter; 02-08-2018 at 08:41 PM.

4. Member
    You've filled up a 32gb card!! Wow. Yes - you definitely need Todd.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    You've filled up a 32gb card!! Wow. Yes - you definitely need Todd.
    WOW is what I thought too. It showed 2% on the MFD and I thought it was 2% used. took it out and inserted it into my laptop and it shows 4.71 MB free space ???

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The "Disc Image File" files are pretty large and that would be my guess as what's eating up the memory on the card......now i do not know what they are....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Not sure what I have on this card that is using so much space but I moved all the Disc Image Files to a thumb drive, reinserted the card and Active Captain updated the maps that I selected. And everything, as far as I have been able to tell to this point, appears to be functioning and up to date. Thanks for the input.

8. Member
    I think at this point we all need some advice on cleaning up an SD card. From your post it looked like all this stuff was in your Garmin folder.

9. Member
    Thanks Leonard for your help and I agree with help on cleaning up a card. Not sure what to keep and what is junk after updates.

Quote Originally Posted by azbohunter View Post
    Thanks Leonard for your help and I agree with help on cleaning up a card. Not sure what to keep and what is junk after updates.
    I assume that your original screenshot is showing everything under your master Garmin folder? Can you also show what is included in the GMAPBLTN folder and OneChart folder?
    Garmin Pro Team