Lake Fork Bass Fishing and where to get optimax oil

We are heading down to lake fork for some pre spaw bassin and will be there on the 17th of February and staying 8 nights at Popes , looks like a nice place.
    I will be needing some Mercury optimax oil , where would be the best place to get it and cost ?
    I fish Ky lake a lot and Jetta pumps it out of a 55 gal drum and sells it in milk jugs a lot cheaper , anybody do this at fork ?
    The weather here in Indiana has been crap , sick of it , got to get out of here.
    I know the weather there hasn't been the greatest either but better than Indiana.
    I can deal with some rain and highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s , that would be heat wave for us.
    Can you run the maker bouys safely without hitting timber ?
    Any thoughts on wich creeks would be best this time of year ?
    If your in the popes area you are welcome to stop by , thanks for help
    2017 NITRO Z21
    250 MERCURY PRO XS
    POWER POLE BLADES
    LOWRANCE ELECTRONICS
    PRECISION SONAR MOUNTS

2. Member
    Service Marine sells the oil from drum
    $25 a gal for DFI or Premium Plus

Go on boat Lanes website and download Lake Fork file and install on your unit.

Fish coves -creeks on North side of Lake.
    Glade
    Long Branch
    Little Caney
    Wolf
    Go straight across lake from Oak Ridge Marina and fish pockets-creeks down entire north bank from alligator to long branch.

Get on Texas fishing forum had check fork reports
    Last edited by DR. DROP; 02-11-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Adding info

3. Member
    Going to be there the 1st through the 10th of March. I feel your pain about the Indiana weather… I will be sure to Let you know what we get figured out.