Possible water in tank

When trailering my ZX190 up after being on the water, I noticed the fuel tank cap being in the open position on the starboard side. I'm not certain when it got opened but I suspect it has been open since I added ring-free after filling up from my last trip. The boat stays inside but I would think some water could have gotten in the tank from the back-wash as I came off plane quickly. I burned about 1/2 tank of fuel during the outing from the starboard side with no performance issues. My question is, should I siphon the remaining fuel out of the starboard side(maybe 9-10 gallons) or do you think some HEET and fresh fuel would be sufficient? Any other fuel additive recommendations would be appreciated.

2. Member
    I would just siphon as much as I could out in a bucket or something that would hold the amount you have in your tank if it gives you peace of mind. I would be affraid of adding a higher octane supplement to my motor/fuel tank if your owners manuel calls for the lower grade. Siphoning wouldn't take very long and then you wouldn't have to worry about it anymore and you know the proper octane is in your tank.

Suck it , pump , whatever it takes make it BONE DRY, few $ worth of gas tossed cheaper than a engine! old saying when in doubt throw it out!

4. Member
    Well, I siphoned out about 9 gallons, + or _, but couldn't really tell if there was any water in it or not. I haven't been able to blow any more bubbles with the siphoning hose so I think it is fairly empty but I guess the only way to get it bone dry is leaving the cap off and let it evaporate. That could take a while. Thanks for the help guys and if you have any other ideas on getting the tank dry, I'm open to suggestions.

5. Member
    What if you disconnected fuel line at primer bulb and Take fuel cap off and with a compressor try to blow it dry....

id put a big plastic liter bottle to the fuel line to catch any fuel.

Long shot and just thinking out loud

6. triton
    If you didnt see any water in the gas you siphoned I'd be ok with whats in the tank....just fill the
    tank with fresh gas add your additives and go......

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

7. Member
    A little update: I removed the fuel-water separator filter and there was no sign of moisture in the gas I poured into a jar. I used KD's suggestion and used compressed air to try and blow fuel out of the tank. I think I successfully blew the fuel out of the fuel line but that's about it. I replaced the filter after filling it with fresh fuel and primed the fuel system off the port side tank. Since I did not have any sign of water in the filter, I plan to fill the starboard tank with fresh fuel and see what happens. I think it will be ok.

8. Member
    Sounds like you’re good. A clean fuel water separator was a good sign