Thread: Ladder Stands

Banned

Ladder Stands

Looking at ladder stands for rifle hunting.Would like 20 plus ft. Seen these on Internet,Guide Gear 21' & 25',Rivers Edge 21' some others also.Some are pricey looking to buy 2.
    What are you using?

2. Member
    I have 10 two-man ladder stands on the farm. The last two are 18 foot models. One thing to be careful about is make sure you look at the seats. Some of them have started using the sling type seats. The problem with them is if you are hunting by yourself and want to sit in the middle there is a bar that is not very comfortable.

I try try to put them where they have some cover. Deer walk tight under them most of the time.

3. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    I use millenium lock ons 90% of the time old Summit revolution climber the rest. Buddy of mine likes ladder stands and won't buy anything but millenium. I hunted out of one and they are very comfortable. I'm a firm believer in buying comfort in a stand regardless of expense because I spend a lot of time in them. Some days all day. I usually buy end of season to save what I can.

I buy multiple climbing sticks guide gear I like them better than the millenium sticks and cheaper. Multiple buckles and have three millenium lock ons. One for wife one for me and the other is a spare. Move them from set to set as needed literally takes less than 10 seconds to pull same putting back.

If we decide to hunt double I keep an extra buckle that I can strap on beside her in the tree.
    Last edited by fishnfool38; 02-09-2018 at 05:17 AM.

4. Member
    We have somewhere around 25-30 ladder stands up. Pretty good mixture of Big Game, API, and Millennium. The most comfortable/well-made stands by far are the Millennium stands. The L110 is 21' single man stand and would be my choice.

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I have a couple Big game stands as well. I usually hunt by myself but buy the buddy stands for one because im a big guy, but also if my daughter decides she wants to go. No issue on them.

6. Banned
    That Millennium L110 is a nice stand.Looked at one at a sporting goods store in Natchez Ms. They are a bit pricey,worries me it will get stolen.I might just get one with the optional blind for cold,rainy and windy days.Going to watch the Internet for a sale see if I can save a few coins.
    Will also try that Guide Gear 25 footer or a Rivers Edge 21' Uppercut I will be watching for a deal over the spring and summer.