Thread: Only 4

Only 4

Why so few G2 in the Elite series?

2. Member
    Thats big business its all about the money, whatever boat, engine, or piece of equipment is going to bring them in the most money or allow them to fishing more tournaments.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evinrude57 View Post
    Thats big business its all about the money, whatever boat, engine, or piece of equipment is going to bring them in the most money or allow them to fishing more tournaments.
    I agree with you.I don't think Johnson/Evinrude is going to spend no where near the money in sponsorships and advertising that merc does.Those guys would run briggs & Stratton if they paid them too.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

4. Member
    BRP Evinrude doesnt need too in my opinion, they make a quality outboard people want they will buy it.. the warranty they offer alone beats Merc anyday
    1996 Champion 181 DCX ELITE
    2017 EVINRUDE 150 H.O

5. Member
    i only seen 2 of them, many more Suzukis
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

There are 4 Elite Pros running G2s. I believe 6 running Suzukis. I tried looking at wrapped boats for the FLW Tour to see which pros ran the G2, but it wasn't as easy as the checking the BASS Elites.

Aren't there a lot of FLW guys running G2's? Maybe that's where their sponsor emphasis is and not BASS Elite Series ..

8. Member
    Evinrude hasnt made a good motor since before ficht! Hoping the G2's will change that! May be why few are running them.

9. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    Evinrude hasnt made a good motor since before ficht! Hoping the G2's will change that! May be why few are running them.
    I sure love the torque and fuel/oil efficiency of my 03 250 DFI.

10. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Pretty Happy with my 2001 225HO carbed motor. I know alot of my customers that run the 60* Eagle motors are very happy with theirs. I guess those are suppose to be good motors.

12. Member
    The 60 degree fast strikes prob the best they made!

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    The 60 degree fast strikes prob the best they made!
    None of the carb engines have the torque and midrange of the dfi, etec, much less the G2.....I went from a 225 vindicator to a 225 dfi had to up the pitch from a 24-25 to 26 27p and ran 5-6 mph faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    I sure love the torque and fuel/oil efficiency of my 03 250 DFI.
    Had that same engine on a 521vx for 7 years. I loved it.

15. Member
    Go big or go home!

2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I love these post. There is a reason why you don't see many Evinrude motors in the BASS tournaments and it has nothing to do with quality...it's contingency money...As for them getting worse my experience has been exactly the opposite. In my 30 years of boating I have owned 4 Evinrude motors and each one has been better than the next. 1960 something 2 HP, 1978 70 HP, 1999 Ficht 150 that I ran to almost 1000 hours before I traded it in (still running) on my current E-TECH 150 HO. Each generation has been better than the next.

17. Member
    In general the fichts were junk, thus bankruptcy, the Etecs arent the best, everyone I knew that had one couldnt keep it out of the shop and sold them! If the G2's arent alot more reliable then they will be out of business. I want to go back to Evinrude but havent been impressed yet. Time will tell on the G2's. In NE Oklahoma you rarely see one! Hope that changes!

18. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    In general the fichts were junk, thus bankruptcy, the Etecs arent the best, everyone I knew that had one couldnt keep it out of the shop and sold them! If the G2's arent alot more reliable then they will be out of business. I want to go back to Evinrude but havent been impressed yet. Time will tell on the G2's. In NE Oklahoma you rarely see one! Hope that changes!
    Need to do some research on the old OMC corporation before you say things like this. The FICHT may have contributed to the Bankruptcy but there were a lot of other things that were a major part of the death spiral.

19. Member
    My local BassCat dealer is selling a lot of G2's, all the boats he has are equipped with them.