Deep Diver Blank

I need a silent deep diver less than 3" that will hit 12-16'. Looking at the predator Bass Baits DT16. Has anyone used them? Would appreciate some feed back or other recommendations on blanks that may fit the bill.

Thanks

With all the lure painters on here no one has used the DT16 blank?

3. Member
    Not sure if it can hit 16' but have you looked at the SK 5xd naked baits?

Allen

4. Member
    I would like to follow-up with from what I hear all the water in Florida is less than 5' so why do you need a deep diving crankbait?

Allen

Ray, I was extremely disappointed in their DT 6 blank. It ran terrible and I ended up trashing the few I bought. Its the only bait from Predator I haven't been happy with. I have not tried the 16. As far as the DT series goes, I've found I can come out better by buying real Rapala if I can get them for around $4 - 4.50 each (fishing shows, ebay, bbc swap and sell). Getting hooks and split rings and a box is a plus and they normally run fine. Just have to add the step of prepping for paint. There are some baits that you just can't replicate with plastic and I think the DT's are one of those baits.
    Every day work-every day pray. I won't back up, I don't back down, I've been raised up to stand my ground. Shotgun toter, republican voter.
    GOD
    One Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
    Ray, I was extremely disappointed in their DT 6 blank. It ran terrible and I ended up trashing the few I bought. Its the only bait from Predator I haven't been happy with. I have not tried the 16. As far as the DT series goes, I've found I can come out better by buying real Rapala if I can get them for around $4 - 4.50 each (fishing shows, ebay, bbc swap and sell). Getting hooks and split rings and a box is a plus and they normally run fine. Just have to add the step of prepping for paint. There are some baits that you just can't replicate with plastic and I think the DT's are one of those baits.
    Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Thanks

You're welcome. By the way, I picked up some DT 6's at Walmart today marked down to $5.00. Would have liked a little more off, but still a price I can live with. You might want to check your local WM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
    You're welcome. By the way, I picked up some DT 6's at Walmart today marked down to $5.00. Would have liked a little more off, but still a price I can live with. You might want to check your local WM.
    We had a local tackle shop going out of business so I went by yesterday hoping to find something to work with. No luck on hard baits but did pick up an Avid 7M Crankbait rod for $120.

Sweet. St Croix Avids are my favorite and a good price

10. Member
    I just picked up a few dingerbaits Fat poppa DD. They are a pretty big bait though but they are supposed to get into that depth range. You might check them out.