Evinrude G2 200 HO rigging info

i am going to repower my Ranger this spring. I have been talking to my dealer (Platinum by the way) about my gauge options. I requested an Icon 3.5C, a basic tachometer, a trim gauge and a water pressure gauge. He told me today they finally figured it out after talking to the factory. Correct me if i am wrong. The Icon 3.5C plugs into the NMEA 2000 network and so does the tachometer. The trim and water pressure gauge daisy chain from the tachometer. He was talking about adapter cables etc to get everything to work. Am i wrong in my research on this?

i want the 3.5C as a monitor but i also want the ability to switch between foot and hand throttle along with being able to winterize with a touch of a button. I'm set in my ways so i would also like an analog looking tach, trim and water pressure gauge as well. I understand they will need to add a water pressure sensor as well.

I'm stopping to see him on Friday, and want to have my info correct so when i press him i have at least 51% confidence i know what i'm talking about.

He also told me he couldn't get the 200HO G2 with integrated hydraulic steering, only DPS (so we have to have that conversation as well).
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

2. Member
    anyone familiar?
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

3. Member
    The ICON 3.5cs and ICON Pro of Classic gauges just plug into the N2k network. Its a simple installation but the setup can sometimes be confusing.

There are easier less expensive ways of doing it but using the standard ICON II controls rather then the premium. Most dealers are just more familiar with the premium because that was all the was available for 3 years and dont realize the usefulness of that standard control. I assume he plans on using the premium because if he wasnt he wouldnt have planned using the ICON tach, he would have just used a standard analog tachometer.

Same recommendation made on the ETEC owners group. Those guys are pretty sharp when it comes to the newer stuff.

4. Member
    i got answers on the etec owners group. i think he will be using the basic gauge and use the current tach and trim gauge

5. Member
    Joe,
    I did this last spring. If you want to PM me I can give insight... if you want to switch between foot and std. throttle then you will need the 3.5". FYI the tach will to push button winterize. Did that this year with mine and worked as advertised. I'm also Familiar with that hull and know what the 200 HO will do...
    1994 Ranger 392
    1994 200 Johnson Venom Oops not any more
    2017 200ho G2
    The old girl has some serious kick now

6. Member
    the motor is ordered - i did order the 3.5 and the basic control. now i just have to wait until mid april to get the boat to the dealer and then i have to wait for ice out, which could be quite late this year.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    the motor is ordered - i did order the 3.5 and the basic control. now i just have to wait until mid april to get the boat to the dealer and then i have to wait for ice out, which could be quite late this year.
    Cool.

One bit of advice Make sure you get the 10Y warrantee. I ordered early then it didn't ship till May 7th and didn't get installed till may 15th and had hell to pay getting the warrantee..
    1994 Ranger 392
    1994 200 Johnson Venom Oops not any more
    2017 200ho G2
    The old girl has some serious kick now

8. Member
    i got the warranty

Can anyone show pics where the sensor is located on the Etec G2? I'm getting ready to order 3.5 CS gauge and WPSI does not come with this setup. I guess I can request this when I order the boat and motor? Wonder what that cost is to add N2k WP sensor?

10. Member
    It is not a N2k sensor, it plugs directly into the engines wiring harness.

The link below contains the installation instructions for the sensor kit, these instructions are also included in the kit.

http://www.dealerport.com/dealerport...56005_RevA.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by HONDAM View Post
    The ICON 3.5cs and ICON Pro of Classic gauges just plug into the N2k network. Its a simple installation but the setup can sometimes be confusing.

There are easier less expensive ways of doing it but using the standard ICON II controls rather then the premium. Most dealers are just more familiar with the premium because that was all the was available for 3 years and dont realize the usefulness of that standard control. I assume he plans on using the premium because if he wasnt he wouldnt have planned using the ICON tach, he would have just used a standard analog tachometer.

Same recommendation made on the ETEC owners group. Those guys are pretty sharp when it comes to the newer stuff.
    With the G2 it seems more complicated than the G1 and N2k. Gen1, N2k starter kit, Engine harness, memory module and off you go. Not the same from my research with the G2. If it is enlighten me. Seems cumbersome with the WPSI. Seems a bit more confusing. Doesn't make Etec bad more education of N2k info is needed in the public forum.

12. Member
    Connecting a G2 to a NMEA2K network is simpler than a G1, the control head has it in built and adding a WP sensor is a simple process of fitting the said sensor and then telling the engine one is connected at PDI time. I have not seen much info for any brand and NMEA2K on public forums. Evinude57 posted the info that is pretty easy to understand.

1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Looks like the G1 WP sensor system.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

15. Member
    It is the same sensor.