Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheapest Yamaha dealers in south la

Thinking about repowering with a sho. Looking for best place to buy Yamaha sho, anyone have any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwebre74 View Post
    Thinking about repowering with a sho. Looking for best place to buy Yamaha sho, anyone have any idea?
    BREAUX & DAIGLE in Pierre Part.
    Last edited by Sanman64; 02-07-2018 at 03:24 PM.

3. Member
    hard to get SHOs right now unless you getting a skeeter. just repowering don't think you can get your hands on one right now go talk to Mike at Cajun Outboards tell him Kirk Allain sent yo over there.

4. Member
    I can get a 250 at dagates and a 200 at breaux and daigle marine. Now I just need to sell my 300xs

5. Member
    I'll give him a call and see what he has

6. Member
    just a question you selling a 300xs to get a SHO!!! I'm a yamaha fan actually have a 200 SHO just curious on why the swap?

7. Member
    Yes I have a 2017 300xs. I originally was going to get a 250 sho when I purchased my rig but I figured what the hell a 300 will be faster. Now that I'm fishing more tournaments I'm not worried about speed anymore. I've heard several good things about the sho and how they are getting better every year. Another issue is warrany. I've never had any issues with either of my 300xs, but I know after warranty runs out repairs can get expensive.

8. Member
    Yes I have a 2017 300xs. I originally was going to get a 250 sho when I purchased my rig but I figured what the hell a 300 will be faster. Now that I'm fishing more tournaments I'm not worried about speed anymore. I've heard several good things about the sho and how they are getting better every year. Another issue is warrany. I've never had any issues with either of my 300xs, but I know after warranty runs out repairs can get expensive.
    Just keep this in mind.... a SHO cannot be rebuilt...new power head is the olnly deal, for over 10 grand. If you have warranty...that is fine, but if you do not...Wow!

9. Member
    Just keep this in mind.... a SHO cannot be rebuilt...new power head is the only deal, for over 10 grand. If you have warranty...that is fine, but if you do not...Wow!

10. Member
    Get a sho and don’t look back. I just turned 400 hrs on mine and have only done routine maintenance. Overall performance and holeshot on tournament day can’t be beat. I spent $150 for plugs, oil, lower unit oil, and a quart of ring free. Oil changes instead is expensive 2 stroke oil is reason enough to switch but holeshot and performance will make you giddy.

Only problem is you can't get one right now from the factory unless someone has one in a crate at their shop.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900racer22 View Post
    Only problem is you can't get one right now from the factory unless someone has one in a crate at their shop.
    this is true hopefully on the next three months they will available again i know a few places that have some 250s on party barges bay boats etc. if you want one I'm sure you can get one!!

13. Member
    I do not recommend letting Cajun Outboards touch your boat

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oiltech09 View Post
    I do not recommend letting Cajun Outboards touch your boat
    Sorry to hear that man but the service has gotten better and in a few months when they move to the new location things are looking up!

15. Member
    WPC3, I seen you have a 200 sho on a bullet. How does it run on your bullet, and what's your thoughts on a 200 sho compared to a 250? I seen you have a 21xd, your hull is made a little different than my 21sdc, but it should be close. What kind of numbers are you running with your setup?

16. Member
    Kirk,
    Where is Cajun moving to ? Havent heard that.

17. Member
    WPC3, I seen you have a 200 sho on a bullet. How does it run on your bullet, and what's your thoughts on a 200 sho compared to a 250? I seen you have a 21xd, your hull is made a little different than my 21sdc, but it should be close. What kind of numbers are you running with your setup?
    There really is no benefit buying a 250 if you're going to flash it. The 200-250 are the same motor and make same HP once flashed. Tournament loaded now that I've added power poles I run anywhere from 83-85 but before poles I would run 85-88 loaded. Fastest I've run solo with a tournament load is 90.9. There may be more speed to be had but I've never been passed and over all the performance is great. My boat will get on plane in as little as 1' of water if the bottom is soft even less.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdr1 View Post
    Kirk,
    Where is Cajun moving to ? Havent heard that.
    across the highway...racetrac bought that corner...eveyrhing will be under one roof!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    There really is no benefit buying a 250 if you're going to flash it. The 200-250 are the same motor and make same HP once flashed. Tournament loaded now that I've added power poles I run anywhere from 83-85 but before poles I would run 85-88 loaded. Fastest I've run solo with a tournament load is 90.9. There may be more speed to be had but I've never been passed and over all the performance is great. My boat will get on plane in as little as 1' of water if the bottom is soft even less.
    yeah man the 200 SHO with a flash is def the way to go.

20. Member
    I have 250 hours on my SHO and the majority of the hours on mine are places a surface drive shouldn't probably go.... haven't had a lick of trouble with it and would recommend it to anyone, if I can't tear it up then it can't be tore up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast