Some set up questions

Hey all,
    i been reading through setups trying to get close to what I’m looking for but figured I’d post here since it’s first time and new too Xpress. Picked up a 2000 H56. (Title says x56 but open between the deck and console?). Plan on building a box with built in storage areas to and a little around the console area and maybe next winter, add more storage hatches to front deck/change the deck bracing so I don’t have just 1 hatch to the whole underdeck, is like to have spaces separated. It has a low hour 2006 yamy 115 4stroke on it. Been looking around at some mods to make it better and found a 6” jackplate for sale locally so want to get that on and then figure out prop. The one that’s on there is some black, chipped up, 3 blade aluminum prop. Been reading around and sounds like Yamaha pro series and trophy plus seem to be the most popular. Figured I’d keep aluminum one for spare for northern wi ponds. Trying to take in consideration of prices because wow!! Never had to buy a prop, last one was a high 5 type that came on the last boat! Figuring setting the JP around 4” for a start and wondering what are some prop options and specs. I see 13.25x17 or 19 the most. Few 21s. Any other manufacturer that will give similar results to those 2 props? Pitch?

thanks

2. Member
    I'd try a Turbo 2 22P. That's what I run on a 2000 Yamaha 115 2-stroke. It is built for a 4-stroke though from what I was told. It works good on my 2-stroke though. Good lift and speeds are somewhere around mid to upper 50's. I also run a 6" rapid jack,
    Last edited by TPM; 02-08-2018 at 10:26 AM. Reason: More info

<u>TPM
    2000 Xpress X-56
    2000 Yammy 115
    </u>

Thanks, I’ll check that one out. Missed a few trophies on the net. Any suggestions for a decent size aluminum that could be improvement? I know it won’t hold the same as SS but thought if something pretty decent, that could hold me over for the spring and such until I can find somewhat of a deal in a SS prop