Thread: TBEND

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

TBEND

Coming down to Toledo Bend in March, We are staying in Pirates Cove. Any advise on places to eat and get tackle would be helpful.

Thanks

Toledo Town, excellent tackle selection. Has Pepe's mexican food, decent place. U will pass it on your way to Pirates Cov, both @Corner of 6 and 191. Pirate's cove has a good little restaurant at the marina.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Another great tackle shop is Keith’s on the Tx side of Pendleton bridge.

4. Banned
    Another vote for Toledo Town for tackle.

5. Member
    Keith's is a pretty good shop. Stop in every time I'm up that way

6. Member
    +1 for Keith's

7. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Food options around the lake are limited. Many has McD's and Sonic. There's a decent Mexican restaurant near the main intersection in Many. We're also big fans of the fried chicken at Brookshire Brothers grocery store.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

8. Member
    the grocery store next to Toledo town has an awesome little deli counter, fried fish, fried chicken.. etc.. I cant remember the name but its like a brookshire bros..

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    No one has mentioned Fisherman's Galley, if it's still open

10. Member
    That place stays busy all the time but I’ve never tried it.

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    A few of us ate there one afternoon when we were there for the BBC rally. Pretty good vittles.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    No one has mentioned Fisherman's Galley, if it's still open
    Is that the one right after you cross the bridge (hwy 21)? Maybe a little piece past there but before you get to toledo fiberglass.

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Is that the one right after you cross the bridge (hwy 21)? Maybe a little piece past there but before you get to toledo fiberglass.
    Yes sir ...

14. Banned
    There is a Mexican food place in Hemphill between the Dairy Queen and subway that was pretty good. There was a place before the six mile bridge that was a greasy spoon type place that was damn good and F'in and Feather has a good restaurant as well.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Yeah, every time I drive past there in the afternoon there isn’t much place to park. That’s a pretty good indicator that it ain’t bad.

The Galley has an all you can eat seafood buffet every Friday night. It will be packed. them critters come out the woods for that event, every week.
    no matter what you order at the Galley, you will not leave hungry. Hands down the best restaurant in the area. A lot come and go, and mostly go, but the Fishermans Galley has been around for over 20 yrs.
    Next door to the Galley is a Beer/Booze/Tobacco store, best prices in the area.

The grocery store in Toledo Town is Market Basket (just west of and next to Toledo Tackle) does have some pretty good eats back at the deli. Toledo Tackle is tied to the gas station store and they now sell beer and booze.

As far as Hemphill, you got Dairy Queen and Subway, the Valero Station serves hot lunches. The Mexican restaurant next to DQ is hit or miss. Have had "decent" food before but one time about 3 yrs ago I left there and something made me pee out my butt a few times..

If I'm eating in Hemphill, it will be at Lanes. Little 2 pump gas station, small store on one side with them slot machines that pays store credit in the back and they sell fishin licenses too.
    The other side is a small Diner that serves up great food, and they have a large variety. The hamburgers are killer.
    The breakfast I hear is also really good.

Head out of Hemphill on Hwy 83 about 3 miles at the corner of 83 and FM 3121 is Hemphill Bar B Q.
    They serve up some good grub and have some really good homemade pies too.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

17. Banned
    Cork just about summed it all up, I'd take his advice.... On this subject only

18. Member
    Don't forget Martin's Corner in Milam Texas, right at the intersection of hwy 87 & Hwy 21. Really good food, fried fish special on Fridays, excellent burgers. If you get down into Hemphill there are several places to eat, south side of Hemphill is Anderson's Bait & Tackle if you have any money left by the time you visit Keith's and Toledo Town & Tackle. If you are staying at Pirates Cove run across the pond and visit Fin & Feather on the water, the food there is outstanding, huge portion size, full bar, great view of the lake.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    The Galley has an all you can eat seafood buffet every Friday night. It will be packed. them critters come out the woods for that event, every week.
    no matter what you order at the Galley, you will not leave hungry. Hands down the best restaurant in the area. A lot come and go, and mostly go, but the Fishermans Galley has been around for over 20 yrs.
    Next door to the Galley is a Beer/Booze/Tobacco store, best prices in the area.

The grocery store in Toledo Town is Market Basket (just west of and next to Toledo Tackle) does have some pretty good eats back at the deli. Toledo Tackle is tied to the gas station store and they now sell beer and booze.

As far as Hemphill, you got Dairy Queen and Subway, the Valero Station serves hot lunches. The Mexican restaurant next to DQ is hit or miss. Have had "decent" food before but one time about 3 yrs ago I left there and something made me pee out my butt a few times..

If I'm eating in Hemphill, it will be at Lanes. Little 2 pump gas station, small store on one side with them slot machines that pays store credit in the back and they sell fishin licenses too.
    The other side is a small Diner that serves up great food, and they have a large variety. The hamburgers are killer.
    The breakfast I hear is also really good.

Head out of Hemphill on Hwy 83 about 3 miles at the corner of 83 and FM 3121 is Hemphill Bar B Q.
    They serve up some good grub and have some really good homemade pies too.
    Best info yet

20. Member
    I think I've figured out why y'all aren't catching any fish down there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast