Thread: Tempest on a P2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks everyone for some great input on many different set ups!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. Member
    Well, I have been working this deal 6000 miles away in Nigeria.
    My wife has been handling most of it. She has full POA.
    Been approved. Everything is a go. The deal was going to happen Monday. Than we find out the seller does not have his LDWF registration card .

Credit union wont do the deal without it. I checked the pics of the boat. Yep! No numbers on the bow.
    Will take 1-4 months to get a duplicate card. Looks like the deal may have hit a wall.
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 02-10-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    Prior to the fury, the tempest was the best prop around for most of us that wanted a 3 blade. Then along came the fury and it raised the bar a bit. Either will work well. Usually the fury will work better. Only issue I have seen is that the driver is a fairly important part of the equation for those that claim the tempest is better. I've yet to personally see a boat where this is true, but I have read about a few here on BBC. I can't imagine you not being happy with either. Probably a tad happier with the fury, but the tempest is not a bad prop. The older you use, however. IE an old laser2 prop is getting long in the tooth and is not very close to tempest/fury.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Cajunhunter, For what its worth, my P2 does not run its best when aired out like shown above. It does not have the bow lift my Sabre had and prefers to run flatter. Biggest difference is the P2 seems to run higher in the water as in the whole boat seems to be lifted higher vs the bow lift in the Sabre. My best speeds are attained with minimum trim. Could be the way I'm loaded or the setup but the numbers are very good. Set up like I am it drives well at WOT. It can be set up to be a real handful at WOT. Mine may be set up with the motor a little deeper than some because I fish Toledo Bend a good bit and prefer it deeper in the rougher stuff. P2 is a great boat, Its priced reasonable, fishes well, plenty fast enough, and sips fuel.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/jc1/Desktop/image1.JPG[/IMG]
    I would agree with you. Allisons and such run like that. Every cat I have ever driven likes the bow significantly lower for top speed. As I have reported, my 2008 classic is running 74+ with 450 pounds of adults + dog, full tank of fuel. By myself, it has broken 77 regularly and in cold air and light chop has run a max of 78.5. With the bow nowhere near that high. Looks good in photos, of course. That being said there WAS a classic I drove in Louisiana with a merc 2.5 racing motor. I ran it just past 90 before running out of room where we were. It was definitely up on the pad as in that photo but bow wasn't so high.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

5. Member
    So you are saying BCB feels like the 24 fury 3 is the best prop for a p2 with a 200 opti?

6. Member
    I ran a tempest on my 2014 PII and it was good enough. I have a Fury on my Caracal and notice it lifts a lot better than the PII did.

7. Member
    Well good news. The deal is happening Friday.
    About to order a Prop. Still trying to decide on the Fury 4 or 3. 24 pitch or 25 pitch???
    Decisions!!
    I do have power poles. Keep that in mind.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

8. Member
    Great news. The P2 is a great boat.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Well good news. The deal is happening Friday.
    About to order a Prop. Still trying to decide on the Fury 4 or 3. 24 pitch or 25 pitch???
    Decisions!!
    I do have power poles. Keep that in mind.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12