anyone be up for a Missouri Get-Together

any of you guys up for a Missouri get together. maybe to a little day tourney or something from time to time.
    might help to boost some activity on the board here. share some fishing tips and ideas and so on.

2. Member
    I don’t know about fishing but I’m the summer Thursday evenings on the Mississippi are good times to make passes at the sandbar

3. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    You know this is why rallys were formed.
    Problem with what your wanting to do is getting regettas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Bledsoe View Post
    yea been to a few and put on a few also

Only if it's over 25 or 30 boats, I think 30. You can do a club tourney out of a resort or public boat ramp no problem if it's under that number.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Bledsoe View Post
    Problem with what your wanting to do is getting regettas.

If it's a Corps lake you have to get that pemit too.

7. Member
    Regettas are required to have any organized event on public water in Missouri, but they cost nothing and are easy to get. Fill out the form and mail it in.

^ You and e-file them now. Easy peasy.

ok he was my thinking on this.
    I get that is what the Rallys are for. I know been involved in my fair share of them and organized my fair share of them also. but at the same time not everyone can get away from life commitments for 3-4-5 days at a time. to travel to another state to fish. sure its a blast to do to go to a new body of water and fish but its just not in the cards for everyone.
    but One day trips are not that hard to get away for.
    for me lets take the Midwest Rally. that's a 4 hour drive one way for me. so for me to be able to go I have to take off a Friday and leave then come back home sunday. sure not a big deal for some but for me it is and im betting that it is for a lot of others also. with just a get together at some place somewhat centrally located like say LOZ its not more than most would drive to just fish for a day anyway I know I have made my fair share of trips to LOZ for a one day trip and I am sure most others have as well.
    take a look at how many posts are here in the MO board about anything other than a "morning" post. just on the first page..i don't know about you all but I like to fish I like to talk about fishing about boats. but none of that really gets done here. and hasn't for a while.
    if we had some one dayers here and there guys get to know each other talk more it benefits everyone.
    if its something some would like to do I have no problem putting something together just for a get together for a day.

I'm up for a LOZ mini tourney. That is if this weather ever breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    ok he was my thinking on this.
    I get that is what the Rallys are for. I know been involved in my fair share of them and organized my fair share of them also. but at the same time not everyone can get away from life commitments for 3-4-5 days at a time. to travel to another state to fish. sure its a blast to do to go to a new body of water and fish but its just not in the cards for everyone.
    but One day trips are not that hard to get away for.
    for me lets take the Midwest Rally. that's a 4 hour drive one way for me. so for me to be able to go I have to take off a Friday and leave then come back home sunday. sure not a big deal for some but for me it is and im betting that it is for a lot of others also. with just a get together at some place somewhat centrally located like say LOZ its not more than most would drive to just fish for a day anyway I know I have made my fair share of trips to LOZ for a one day trip and I am sure most others have as well.
    take a look at how many posts are here in the MO board about anything other than a "morning" post. just on the first page..i don't know about you all but I like to fish I like to talk about fishing about boats. but none of that really gets done here. and hasn't for a while.
    if we had some one dayers here and there guys get to know each other talk more it benefits everyone.
    if its something some would like to do I have no problem putting something together just for a get together for a day.
    We just had a rally at Truman and you were not there...

Quote Originally Posted by ALF1 View Post
    We just had a rally at Truman and you were not there...
    That is correct. I didn't have a boat at the time. Haven't had one in a while, now I do and want to get together with the MO members.

Look at the MO forum here. Out of 35 threads on the first page 9 are about something other than "morning coffee" posts.

MO has a ton of anglers and great lakes to fish I don't see where the issue is with trying to get together for a day tourney maybe a BBQ

I have talked to Al about it and he does not see any problem with it or why it would interfere with a rally. Not like it's a multiple day event like the Rallies are.

So tomorrow I'll put a thread up about it and see how many members we can get
    Last edited by Luke; 02-11-2018 at 07:33 PM.

My son may have a HS T out of long shoal the following weekend. May not be able, not that I don’t want to fish LOZ.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"