Z21 hull dimples HELP PLEASE

Anyone know why or have ever experienced dimples forming on the keel area of there hull I have a 2016 z21 and noticing dimples forming on bottom where a keel shield would go, I would attach pics but don't know how, tracker says cosmetic and won't cover under warranty, believe me more than cosmetic it looks just like a golf ball surface, any info would help

2. Member

3. Member
    I'd agree with more than cosmetic. There has to be something going on under the gel coat to cause that and my guess would be air pockets that result from glass not being rolled out completely. I'd keep pushing Tracker to address the problem...keep climbing the ladder until you find someone willing to address the problem.

I see you asked the Ranger crowd about this as well....so I am sure their answer will be better than mine.
    Last edited by Flippin 416; 02-07-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Could be a lot of things it's an unusual spot for this to happen. Slap on a keel guard if Nitro will not warranty it. B4 u do that u may want to visit a fiberglass guy.
    Last edited by BMCD; 02-07-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    looks like they might not have prepped the mold properly. Kind of looks like large fisheyes in the gel.

6. Member
    Did this just happen or has it been that way since day one?

7. Member
    It has slowly got worse it wasn't there 6 months ago

8. Member
    That IS NOT cosmetic!

I know if I had a repair done, and that happened, the insurance company would have it done again. YES it's that bad.

I'd run it by a fiberglass repair place and pay them for an estimate. Maybe even another boat dealer for one as well, if that's what it takes.
    Then take those estimates to where you purchased the boat, (with the boat) and tell them to fix it, PERIOD!

Climb the ladder to find the right person that can make decisions. Polite (sometimes excruciatingly polite is best), but firm always helps.
    Like grandma' used to say, "You can catch more files with honey than vinegar".
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

9. Member
    So did your dealer send it back to the factory? Or did you just send pics to customers service? Trust me you have to force the issue. Just got my z19 back after being gone for a total of 4 months. But they repaired it and it looks just as good as the day I picked it.

10. Member
    Man that sucks. Something went wrong as it was being built
    Nitro z21

11. Member
    I own a 2009 Z7, and it has been a good boat. That being said, if Tracker doesn’t want take care of that under warranty they deserve all the negative comments they get by owners from other brands. Trying to deny that is flawed factory work is ridiculous. Tracker should not hesitate one instant to take care of this shoddy workmanship.

12. Member
    Good dealer goes a long way
    Nitro z21

13. Member
    Absolutely. The dealer should take the lead in this situation. I have 2 Tracker boats: a Z7 and a Pro 170 aluminum, to a good extent due to an excellent dealership. I know they have my back.