Power Poles - New, Used Which Model?

I’m considering buying a set of poles for my boat, specifically for drift paddles. I only fish Crappie and mostly spider rig and hate the socks/chains routine. I would occasionally use them for single pole jigging wood cover in the Spring, but honestly don’t get to fish that much in the Spring, so that’s secondary at best.

Considering that I want to spend as little as necessary (meaning cheap) and how I will use them, would I be better served to buy a good used set or do you recommend new? And I’m confused by the different series and whether it would be important to get the 1.0 or 2.0 pumps.

My priorities are reliability and cost, not necessarily speed or them being dead silent. And I don't are about interconnectivity to fishfinders or iPhone. A neck lanyard remote or remote dash switch would be fine.

Can anybody make a recommendation?

all i can say is they need to be on 8'or 10' models, i have them on blades and normally just dropping my 10' blades in 5' slows me enough with the paddles being in my truck still haha...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    10 ft is really not an option due to clearance although I understand you can get folding brackets but that is more $. Remember, I'm cheap and quite honestly, a little trashy too. :)

Wannabe...

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Whatever series 8 foot pole you go with ( since you ruled out 10's) if you intended on using drift paddles I would strongly suggest the braced brackets. Any of the models can run drift paddles on them. As far as 1.0 or 2.0, the 2.0 will give you better range and faster response times with your remotes, the biggest advantage to the 2.0 poles is the new hydraulic hoses over the old style tubing. The 2.0 pumps are slightly smaller then the 1.0's as well. I would be happy to price a new set of 2.0 model poles for you. You would be surprised at our pricing, I have seen used poles sell on here for more then we sell new sets for shipped tyd. The nice thing about new is you know what your getting and you will have full warranty for greater piece of mind, even though Power Pole takes care of its customers in an unbelievable manner.
    Pm. text or call me I would be happy to steer you in the right direction new or used! If you find used poles elsewhere we will also be your best source for a new set of drift paddles as they do not come up used very often.
    Kevin
    K and K Kustomz
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-05-2018 at 07:20 PM.

5. Member
    For what guys are asking for the used ones on here I would get with the sponsors here. They can usually be right at or better than what they are asking. If 8' is all you need, some sportsman models would be fine

6. Member
    Whoa. Just called and talked with Kevin at K and K. He donated 27 minutes to a complete power pole novice to walk me through all the options and what ifs. All the time knowing he wasn't close to a sale. Super knowledgeable and helpful. And he's from New York. Cant't quite square that one. Must have moved there from the South is all I can figure, but he did talk funny. Can't even hold that against him. :)

Anyway, if you have questions, give him a shout. He obviously doesn't mind earning the sale.

Thanks Kevin. I'll be working out what I want to do and will be calling back when it's time to jump.

Wannabe...

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    Whoa. Just called and talked with Kevin at K and K. He donated 27 minutes to a complete power pole novice to walk me through all the options and what ifs. All the time knowing he wasn't close to a sale. Super knowledgeable and helpful. And he's from New York. Cant't quite square that one. Must have moved there from the South is all I can figure, but he did talk funny. Can't even hold that against him. :)

Anyway, if you have questions, give him a shout. He obviously doesn't mind earning the sale.

Thanks Kevin. I'll be working out what I want to do and will be calling back when it's time to jump.

Wannabe...
    We New Yorker's get a bad wrap due to NYC...were no where near there very rural .. lifted trucks, mudding, cornfields and bass fishing just like down South.