Fishing / Boat Show ? Wilson County !

Anyone else notice this. Was vendor booth pricing up or what ? Hey, what happened to the fishing show at Wilson county anyone know? Lots of boats seemed like half or less vendors !
    I think there's a Squatch in these woods !
    "I rough talked em"

2. Member
    From what I understood a couple years ago and from talking to dealers in other states vender fees are WAY up everywhere. If you have noticed more and more dealers are doing shows at the dealership, have been for several years. You gotta sell a bunch of stuff to make up the fees. Basically, you have to look at it as advertising, not trying to recoup fees selling stuff. That's REAL tough on the guys trying to sell at a bargain.

Understand. Thought something was up. We went with three other guys and thought there was a lot less there than last year at the State Fairgrounds. Wanted to chat with some trolling motor vendors/sonar etc. not there that we saw.
    I think there's a Squatch in these woods !
    "I rough talked em"

4. Member
    I went Sunday afternoon for about an hour just to get a few things and a buddy was working there and some talk was the vendor count was down by roughly 40 due to the building being smaller than the fairground buildings and also some didn’t want to drive another 30 miles away from Nashville, I didn’t hear anything about vendor fees being the problem but I wouldn’t be surprised if that wasn’t part of it.

thought it might be like that, so didn't go.

6. Member
    I will not go back to Lebanon. I don't care for everyone piled up trying to look at stuff. Spread it out. Use some other buildings

7. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    It was a smaller venue than normal. Not much room for the boats. The booths that were there were good in my opinion. I found a new fave custom bait maker. Mike Bucca was there to give tips on his baits as well. I also got season passes for a local canoe/kayak outfitter and I booked a guide trip with some folks I was introduced to by a trusted friend at the show (who was also working another booth). They had some kayaks and my wife and I plan to visit the vendor's showroom here in a few weeks. I thought it was a good show.

My only complaint was that it was standing room only on Saturday.