Thread: When to lose?

When to lose?

When did you decide to drop weight? Some of you have really lost a lot! What was it that got you to do it?

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I have a friend who was extremely overweight, 6-1 about 450lbs. He couldn't tie his own shoes and he was in obvious pain every time he moved. I don't know for how long, but it became painful for me to just get out of bed. And one morning, I had difficulty reaching down to tie my own shoes. That was the day I knew it was time to get serious. I was 6' and 292lbs.

Now Its painful to get out of bed because of muscle soreness from the workout the day before.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    When i checked my blood sugar at my dad's house because i was feeling pretty bad. The meter just read HI and when we got the manual out it said that HI meant it was over 600. Went to the doctor the next day and my average blood sugar was well over 300. I still struggle losing weight but I maintain my blood sugar pretty well now.

When my Dr. told me I was fat and he said my glucose levels were way high and that I needed to lose weight.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

5. Member
    Thanks guys. I read on another post what got Basserjim motivated. He's doing awesome! We all know how tough this journey is for everyone. I'm always inspired by those who make the effort regardless of how much they lose. This morning I went in for a hydrostatic weighing. I'll go back in 8-12 weeks and get it checked again looking for improved numbers. I do a full blood exam (complete blood count) every year to keep a running history of my overall health. I thinks its my way of putting a carrot out there to keep me honest and motivated to do better each and every year. Does anyone else do something to keep themselves focused?

6. Member
    A buddy took a picture of me lounging in the pool watching the eclipse last summer sipping on a cold drink. I took one look at myself and said Ah hell no.