Thread: hydraulic hose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierisu View Post
    So $800 to retrofit a pair of blades for a known flaw in design?! I'll just keep my current plastic hoses and get them replaced under warranty when they fail again.
    Im not sure its fair to say that the Plastic Hydraulic hoses are a known flaw in the design... Those same hoses were used since the first Power Pole ever hit the market and has stretched 3 model generations. With each generation Power Pole has made multiple revisions to further better its product line. This can be said about most manufacturers who develop product that we all use every day. Maybe materials or resources that are available today were not back then. Probably a handful of reasons why they chose those lines.

I personally have never had a hose fail and have known many customers and friends who have not had one fail. I have also been in a boat when a hose has failed... It may be fair to say its a weak link out of a very solid design but to use the word flaw I feel is a bit of a stretch.

Always room to grow, Always room for refinement

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    Im not sure its fair to say that the Plastic Hydraulic hoses are a known flaw in the design... Those same hoses were used since the first Power Pole ever hit the market and has stretched 3 model generations. With each generation Power Pole has made multiple revisions to further better its product line. This can be said about most manufacturers who develop product that we all use every day. Maybe materials or resources that are available today were not back then. Probably a handful of reasons why they chose those lines.

I personally have never had a hose fail and have known many customers and friends who have not had one fail. I have also been in a boat when a hose has failed... It may be fair to say its a weak link out of a very solid design but to use the word flaw I feel is a bit of a stretch.

Always room to grow, Always room for refinement
    well said and I too agree I have personally never had a line fail or even leak, many of the leak issues were caused from not getting a nice square cut on the line making the ferrule not seat correctly. This was install error and not a fault of the part or design. With Power Pole having such a huge market share in the shallow water industry, that's alot of poles out there for alot of years. The only line failures I have personally heard about were ones I read about on this board. with all the poles we sell I have never had a customer with a line failure. With that said I totally agree the older tubing was in no way a flaw in design..the new hoses are as Rich said an improvement to an already great product.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Retrofit kits are now available!
    When you say they are in is that also for the older units the ones with 1/4" hose's Tks
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

4. Member
    Well. . .
    Ironically enough. As can be seen above I just inquired about the hose kit and was a bit shocked at the sticker price. I have been curious since I first heard of an upgrade kit. No real intention on pulling the trigger on the upgrade right now.
    I just pulled the boat out and checking tire pressure and such. Pulled the covers off poles and give them a cycle.
    Low and behold she is spewing like a guyser.
    I have a length of hose from the install I hope it is enough for a replacement but at this point I will replace all four if I don't do the $800 upgrade. I am headed to the lake in the AM so it looks like I will be limping with one pole at best. How ever will I make it? Lol not really but I do love them. Now it's decision time I reckon.
    Also what is the procedure to replace a line? Is there a bleeder to relieve pressure?

5. Member
    So does the upgrade kit convert a set of blades to 2.0 or are they still cm1 with 2.0 hydraulics?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12