Infinity Stereo question

I think I have figured out that when Ive got the infnity system connected via bluetooth to my iphone...It wants to power up the stereo when I start the optimax...I can have the stereo shut off and when I start the opti...it will power back up...anyone else have this happen or another issues with the infinity stereo powering itself on?

I have blue tooth issues as well. When using bluetooth it will completely disconnect every engine start up...running a G2. Reception sux at the lakes I fish so having to take the time to reconnect is a PIA. I wish I hadnt spent the money on a factory install and went a different route.

3. Member
    I have same issue with my 2018. Stereo powers on/off when I turn on/off my Mercury or my Lowrance. Would like to see a post here for the fix too.

Quote Originally Posted by shallow-K View Post
    I have same issue with my 2018. Stereo powers on/off when I turn on/off my Mercury or my Lowrance. Would like to see a post here for the fix too.
    Have you noticed that it is only when you are bluetooth connected to the stereo? Seems like it with mine.

5. Member
    Sorry to hear you guys are having issues. Hope everything gets worked out soon. In general, is the quality of the radio? In your opinion, was it worth the price?

Quote Originally Posted by 411sponge View Post
    Sorry to hear you guys are having issues. Hope everything gets worked out soon. In general, is the quality of the radio? In your opinion, was it worth the price?
    Decent sound...I don't use it all that much. Whats the price as an option? Mine was already in the boat when I bought it.

7. Member
    I think its around $500

Quote Originally Posted by 411sponge View Post
    I think its around $500
    That's a pretty fair price considering the receiver retails without speakers for around 299.00...throw in speakers and installation and I think I'd take it as an option if it was important to you.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_822PRV...t&awug=9027693

9. Member
    I had issues on my 2017 621 with the radio doing the same type of thing.. Solution I used to fix it was tore into the wiring on it and powered it via different source.. In my case with second console and glove box having a USB and Cig lighter style charger I tied into the one of those power lines.. Never an issue since.. Once I turn power switch on in back of boat the radio is powered up and good to go.. If I don't want it powered up just manually power it down..

10. Member
    Here is link from when I had issues..

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....185&highlight=

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Have you noticed that it is only when you are bluetooth connected to the stereo? Seems like it with mine.
    Yes. Bluetooth connection is when it occurs.

12. Member
    Picked up my new Z521L today and I also am having an issue with the Infinity radio. It comes on when I power up my Lowrance graphs , either or both. Then I power down the radio. But it comes back on when I power down the graphs. Weird. I will have dealer check it out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jrickard View Post
    Picked up my new Z521L today and I also am having an issue with the Infinity radio. It comes on when I power up my Lowrance graphs , either or both. Then I power down the radio. But it comes back on when I power down the graphs. Weird. I will have dealer check it out next week.
    When this happens, are you connected via bluetooth to the infinity...from any device? Seems to only happen on my rig when I am blutoothed via Iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookerz Tackle View Post
    I had issues on my 2017 621 with the radio doing the same type of thing.. Solution I used to fix it was tore into the wiring on it and powered it via different source.. In my case with second console and glove box having a USB and Cig lighter style charger I tied into the one of those power lines.. Never an issue since.. Once I turn power switch on in back of boat the radio is powered up and good to go.. If I don't want it powered up just manually power it down..
    Good info...will try that asap.

15. Member
    Dean, As a matter of fact I had just Bluetooth paired radio to my I phone. Afterwards is when the unusual powering on/off of Infinity radio happened. I did have my Lowrance HDS 12 Carbons powered up at the time. Interestingly, graphs display indicated that audio server was powered up and actually showed the source to be a local station that I had chosen from an I phone app. I wonder if the radio is hooked into the NMEA backbone?

Quote Originally Posted by jrickard View Post
    Dean, As a matter of fact I had just Bluetooth paired radio to my I phone. Afterwards is when the unusual powering on/off of Infinity radio happened. I did have my Lowrance HDS 12 Carbons powered up at the time. Interestingly, graphs display indicated that audio server was powered up and actually showed the source to be a local station that I had chosen from an I phone app. I wonder if the radio is hooked into the NMEA backbone?
    Yeah...I dont know what actually causes this issue...but I avoid it by unparing the phone from the infinity. Don't know if the infinity its on nema, (doubt it because the connections are just wires) but I suspect its a bluetooth issue. You could try running the infinity with the carbons off to isolate.