Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    My Livorsi Hydro Dynamics gauge is light years ahead of the CMC gauge. My CMC gauge was very inaccurate and never went back to the same spot twice.

The livorsi gauge is dead nuts.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    My Livorsi Hydro Dynamics gauge is light years ahead of the CMC gauge. My CMC gauge was very inaccurate and never went back to the same spot twice.

The livorsi gauge is dead nuts.
    So you don't use colored markers? I thought I was using cutting edge stuff!! lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

3. Member
    I think the Detwiler plate has very similar system as your Tim. I know that sitting on the trailer it is very repeatable. I have my plate marked at even and the gauge reads 5 at that mark time and time again. But the gauge can fluctuate with system voltage so when running it may be slightly different. I will have to verify that. Your gauge looks a lot better and also looks easier to read.

I have the Detwiler plate but the original Allison gauge. It's-- no Bueno

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    So you don't use colored markers? I thought I was using cutting edge stuff!! lol
    negative
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Since I had to sit back and watch Jay toss up a big number with my wheel I was itching for a good day to give it a whirl again with the poles. Thank you for the inspiration Jay. Lesson learned to not get on the water with you and so little gas in the tank.

I did a 8 way prop comparison with my new data logging box and ended with the big wheel. The prop ran 97.5. Which is pretty close to what it runs day to day. Water was slick with no wind, and props I tested in the wind the night before were off the next morning without the chop.

I have a line marked on my gas tank at a little over half tank and one above 1/4 tank. This is my "fast happens between these lines" markers. I ended the day above the line, so I probably have a little left in it which makes me think my top end isn't going to be impacted.

I will be honest and say that my 5-85 times are off with the poles. The data logger takes 20 readings per minute compared to the phone at 1 reading per minute, so times are off a little with the new increased accuracy and slick water. Even with that, I'm still around 1/2 second slower to 85. I think the poles are dragging on the hole shot. Weight wise I removed ballast and lost some personal weight, so the boat weight is same as before the poles. Weight distribution remained unchanged as well.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    Since I had to sit back and watch Jay toss up a big number with my wheel I was itching for a good day to give it a whirl again with the poles. Thank you for the inspiration Jay. Lesson learned to not get on the water with you and so little gas in the tank.

I did a 8 way prop comparison with my new data logging box and ended with the big wheel. The prop ran 97.5. Which is pretty close to what it runs day to day. Water was slick with no wind, and props I tested in the wind the night before were off the next morning without the chop.

I have a line marked on my gas tank at a little over half tank and one above 1/4 tank. This is my "fast happens between these lines" markers. I ended the day above the line, so I probably have a little left in it which makes me think my top end isn't going to be impacted.

I will be honest and say that my 5-85 times are off with the poles. The data logger takes 20 readings per minute compared to the phone at 1 reading per minute, so times are off a little with the new increased accuracy and slick water. Even with that, I'm still around 1/2 second slower to 85. I think the poles are dragging on the hole shot. Weight wise I removed ballast and lost some personal weight, so the boat weight is same as before the poles. Weight distribution remained unchanged as well.
    Always blaming me lol guess I am a bad influence! Good running with poles Geoff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123