One of the worst seasons that i can remember

Did not see a single set of horns during the daylight hours, but a ton on camera during darkness. Ended up killing 2 does and a bunch of hogs. Never saw any sign of rut as far as chasing, just a few scrapes here and there. I just dont understand the scenario unless their major bedding areas are off property and when we see them, they are passing through. We had a early acorn crop this year so they were gone or spoiled quickly and the food plots came into play as far as deer sightings, the bucks waited until dark before they showed up. I think im going to look into a mobile mounted deer blind on a 4x6 or 8 trailer that i can move around with my utv and see how that works out this coming season. Gotta start now so all will be ready for spring horn growing and next season.

It was weird here. I arrowed an 8 on 30 October, he was chasing hard along with another 8&9. I missed the biggest deer of my life on October 14. After seeing the chasing on the 30th I burnt some vacation going after the one I missed. Biggest thing I saw all November was a 6 pointer. ended up with 5 doe and an 8 pointer. Found out a guy shot the one I was after on our firearm opener 3/4 mile away. Did miss a late season 8 pointer after the 0 degree weather did something to my string causing my peep to turn. I had fun and can't wait till October 1.

What part of Louisiana you hunting BADAZZ? I seen more rutting activity this year, than in years past. I'm way down here south in the swamp. I tagged out with an 8 point, a 10 point, and an 11 point. The 8 point was the only one I killed that was actually chasing a doe, but seen plenty day time action with deer checking and freshening up scrapes and rubs. I killed the 11 point on December 9th, the 8 point on December 29th, and the 10 point on January 4th.

11 point

8 point

10 point

All 3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by H22BASS250SHO; 02-05-2018 at 02:04 AM.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

^^^^looks like a fun year in the swamp!

5. Member
    Nice! This was one if the first years in about 8 that i didnt take a buck. We only get 1 so im super picky and inwas after 2 absolute monsters. Passed alot of real nice deer, looking back prolly shouldnt have but ohwell theres always next year.

Yes sir

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    ^^^^looks like a fun year in the swamp!

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

Northwest Louisiana Here, wasnt a whole lot of shooting anywhere to be honest, anytime i was in the stand.