Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how do you guys jack up your trailer.

I had a flat this past fall at the ramp, but had no jack. The jack for my blazer wouldn't cut it do to it being designed for the hole in the frame of truck. so I left boat at marina went home and got my 3 ton floor jack which weighs a ton. got back to marina and couldn't get jack under axle and was trying to jack on frame just in front of wheel but than trailer wanted to pivot. needless to say I had a hell of a time changing tire. So my question is what do you guys use to jack up trailer, and where do you guys store it?

2. Banned
    I use a spare scissor jack, kept in a plastic storage container in my truck bed, along with necessary tools for flats.

3. Member
    light weight AL car jack, before that bottle jack, both inexpensive

4. Member
    Assuming you have a tandem trailer, use a 4x4 or 4x6 piece of wood with one end cut on about a 45. Pull the good tire up on the 4x allowing the flat tire to now be up in the air.

Using a a piece of wood such as this allows you to simply put it in the bed of the truck and leave it there. It’s doubtful anyone will care to steal a piece of wood sitting in the bed of the truck.

I would test this out before relying on it though as I did have one Boat that required a 6x6 to lift the wheel high enough.

5. Member
    I've got 1 of those small floor jacks - maybe 1 1/2 ton from WalMart years ago....1/2" breaker bar with 1/2" x 6" ext and socket that fits the lugs, even though I've got a 4 way lug wrench....2' X 1' piece of 3/4" plywood goes under my jack....and a couple 2' long 2 X 4's.....and yes I grease the studs....you learn REAL quick.

I have a cap on my truck and carry around a bunch of stuff including a floor jack in a case, wheel chocks, boards to put the jack on if the round is soft, 4 way lug wrench, pipe for leverage, tools, etc!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

7. Member
    These simple jacks work on single axle trailers, I don't know about tandem axle trailers. https://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...-Jack&i=315931
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

Quote Originally Posted by TableRock Coral View Post
    These simple jacks work on single axle trailers, I don't know about tandem axle trailers. https://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...-Jack&i=315931
    This is what I have.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by f16 1ub View Post
    I've got 1 of those small floor jacks - maybe 1 1/2 ton from WalMart years ago....1/2" breaker bar with 1/2" x 6" ext and socket that fits the lugs, even though I've got a 4 way lug wrench....2' X 1' piece of 3/4" plywood goes under my jack....and a couple 2' long 2 X 4's.....and yes I grease the studs....you learn REAL quick.
    Small floor jack always worked fine for me.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

10. Member
    I carry the 3000 pound rated NASCAR style aluminum jack from Harbor Fright. It can be bought for $59.00 with the proper coupon plus it will jack up your truck on one wheel unless you drive a monster truck. It can also let you be a good Samatarian for other motorists with a flat. It is very light and fast.

11. Member
    I use AAA. But also carry a floor in truck.

12. Member
    thanks for the replies, forgot to mention it was a single axle. Ill probaby give the easy jack from overtons.

13. Banned
    I been looking at them and wondering if they would work. You guys confirmed that and I bought one. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

14. Member
    I carry a small floor jack from walmart, came in a carrying case. Was like $30.
    2003 Skeeter ZX200

15. Scraps
    In a pinch I'll use a little bottle jack. But I do have nightmares about the ram of the jack slipping off the axle and poking a perfect 1in dia hole in my hull.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TableRock Coral View Post
    I have that zip tied with a 4 way wrench by my spare...

I bought a small floor jack from Tractor Supply. It was clearance for $14.99!!
    Have used it twice with no problems.

I bought this a couple years ago and it's always in truck box.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YOH16I...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by cehlert View Post
    I bought this a couple years ago and it's always in truck box.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YOH16I...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Slick deal except depending on which axle on my boat that is not tall enough to clear the other tire for removal. But a short 2 by placed underneath would solve that issue.

20. Member
    Floor Jack and cut to size plywood to lay it on. Sometimes you need to change the tire on your truck too.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast