Talon set up & adjustment

When setting up do u want them as close to the boat as u can get?
    Minn Kota Talon Universal Mounting Bracket adjustments,
    When adjusting the bracket do u have to pull them completely up & out & slide back down or can you just loosen & move them

2. Member
    You have to pull them completely out to adjust.
    2010 Xpress X19 200 HPDI

Adjust the arm angle before you ever install the talon unit. The reason for doing this is because its much easier to remove the arm when it does not have the talon in it...and as said before you have to remove the arm completely to adjust angle. It's really no big deal finding the correct angle and once you figure it out your done because there is no reason to ever need to adjust the angle again. Adjust the main arm so the bracket is as close to the transom as possible. Then adjust the bracket that the talon attaches to to be square with the transom. You also want them as high as you can get them on the jack-plate. The reason you want everything as high as possible is so they don't drag real bad on hole-shot.

On mine they are not touching my transom but they are close enough I can't get my finger in-between the bracket and my transom. Also note how high everything is mounted...

4. Member
    I mounted mine as close to the boat as possible, I was under the impression that they would drag less at take off if they are closer to the transom if that makes sense.