Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC

KVD's 2018 Nitro Z-21 now equiped with MK Ultrex & Talon's.....

I figured he was not going to go another year in the Elites with a MG TM while everyone else is fishing more comfortably in open water while he's struggling to hold the boat in wind and waves. He's got an awesome rig there. Too bad Nitro isn't the boat it used to be when Nitro first hit the fishing scene back in the 80's. That was one helluva hull back then. Several of my club fishermen back then ran Nitro's and it was the most impressive hull I ahd ever seen. Fast, comfortable and the ride was incredible
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Neat looking rig. I like those short Talons!

3. Member

heres the video..

Yep, Motorguide better get their shit together and put something out to compete with the Ultrex.

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    yeah, I thought the same thing Kdawg. Apparently not any time soon or I'd imagine KVD would have held on for a bit. MG will be left behind in the big boat big water motors and most likely end up with the small craft market. What a shame.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

I have been running remote only (no pedal) since the early days of the MK power drive auto pilot wrist controls. When spot lock came out I got right on it with the Terrova. Having this tech available in all product families is great. I personally would love to see the foot pedal delete option on the Ultrex. I have looked at them several times and think you could (with a little work) remove the foot pedal and run remote only.

I'm shocked motorguide hasn't made a version yet. They have all the pieces/technology from the Xi5. Its clearly the way the market is going. Heck, I worked on converting a gator mount MK over to remote steering one time with parts from a power drive.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R