Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Pantera classic new Vs. a used Caracal

I currently run a ranger aluminum, love the boat but am kicking myself for not sticking with a glass boat so I am thinking about doing something different. The new pantera classic has really caught my eye and its a beautiful boat, however I have loved the caracal model for years. The price difference is night and day, I am fully aware of this but if you were in the market, would you buy a brand new pantera classic or a really nice used caracal? Which model would hold value longest do you think? I should have just ordered a new caracal when I bought this last boat but $60-65 g's wasn't exciting to me.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Personally I’d go with a used Caracal if you can find a low hour boat.

Thats exactly the question i have been rolling around in my head, looks like you would win either way..

They are 2 pretty different boats, I would figure out which one fits the way you fish, then figure out how to make the money work. I would not hesitate on a used Cat.

5. Member
    There is a 2015 caracal, 200 hrs, just around the corner from me. It's in the boats for sale section.

6. Member
    I can't speak for the classic but the Caracal is a great machine.

I prefer the new Classic over the Caracal in performance. I don't have much time on either with the troller down tho.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    I prefer the new Classic over the Caracal in performance. I don't have much time on either with the troller down tho.
    Curious as to what the difference is? I have noticed higher speeds in the Caracal.

9. Member
    If you have the budget for a new P Classic, you should be able to find a really good Caracal at that price. You need to decide which one will fit your style and desires and choose accordingly.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    I love taking both of my kids fishing and my wife goes along as well. We like to go to the lake and park along shore and let the kids swim as well so a large front deck is important and so is a large rear deck. Plus a wider boat to hold all 4 of us.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

11. Member
    Sounds like a Caracal may be a good fit

12. Member
    Depends on your needs, wants, and practically. I am having this same debate myself. For me a big decider is ability to get the boat in my garage. Length is not a big issue as my garage is 26 ft deep. Package width is an issue as my approach to my garage is difficult. I want a wide body 19 fT with a 225 but not sure I can get one in my garage. I currently have a Stratos 195 ProXL and I clear with by inches.

13. Member
    I was actually looking at both of these yesterday in person. They are night and day different boats.

I wouldn’t even consider a Classic over a Caracal. The Caracal would have more storage, better standard equipment(think latches), has a deeper hull for rough water and IMO, is an all around better boat.

You’re trying to decide between a used Premium model and a new Vision model. I would assume the Premium model would also hold its value more but that wouldn’t be a reason for me to buy any boat. In the end, it’s your money and the only one it matters to is you so get what you want and enjoy!

14. Member
    The caracal unless you are on small lakes that you need the smaller boat.

I love the new classic but different in so many ways. Caracal the winner unless you just want brand new.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    I love the new classic but different in so many ways. Caracal the winner unless you just want brand new.

same thing I was going to say--caracal all the way
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    This really sums it up. Get one with some warranty left.

Both have similar speed but the classic does it with 25 less ponies and I prefer the ride over it to the Caracal. Caracal is obviously bigger. The Classic is a working mans boat that's "function over form" and I dig that. They've really hit a home run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Y'Barbo View Post
    Curious as to what the difference is? I have noticed higher speeds in the Caracal.

19. Member
    Haven’t had my Caracal very long but I love it.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

20. Member
    Went from an aluminum Triton, same as the Ranger, to the Caracal. Best decision I’ve made when fishing is concerned. Super wide, tons of storage, amazing ride. I haven’t missed the tin for one second.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast