Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @Erie - although the boat may start at $35K, do all that and you’re almost paying a premium line price after options. Show me those additions in a NADA book for when you’re trying to sell it a few years down the line. They don’t exist in the resale market and a buyer couldn’t get financing to buy at what you’ll need. If you want Premium at that price point, get used. It’s a much smarter purchase.

2. Member
    Was looking at getting a Ranger RT198P or the new Vexus AVX1980 but someone posted you could get a Pantera Classic for about the same price. So I came here to check it out. I think I will pass. My last glass had blisters and all this negative talk definitely turned me off. Guess I will stick to tin.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

Go Vinyl Ester resin and blister are almost none, that and the standard Barrier Coat and you should be good.

If you ask a question on here about a Vision vs. premium model, most of the responses are gonna tell you that you need to get a premium. From my point of view with prices of a used premium being about the same as a new classic I’d rather spend my money on something new with full engine warranty instead of buying something with only a year or 2 of warranty left on engine. I bought a classic and love it, the 3” trailer is fine, touchpad is fine, livewells keep fish alive. Are the premiums nicer, yes but that comes with a cost not all of us can swing. Bottom line is it’’s not full of plastic and cheap junk, it’s still a BassCat, runs low 70’s, is very stable and carries the same transferable lifetime warranty as the premium model. I fished out of my last boat 10 years and never lost a fish, no spray bars, no backup pumps, no timers. It pumped water in and had recirculate that was on or off. Unless you fish for a living the classic will do anything you need it to, I love mine and have no regrets. It’s up to you, get what fits your needs and budget and you’ll be happy, I know I am.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JStew View Post
    @Erie - although the boat may start at $35K, do all that and you’re almost paying a premium line price after options. Show me those additions in a NADA book for when you’re trying to sell it a few years down the line. They don’t exist in the resale market and a buyer couldn’t get financing to buy at what you’ll need. If you want Premium at that price point, get used. It’s a much smarter purchase.
    How is it a smarter choice to spend 60k on a used boat with 1-2 years left on warranty ? Usually those boats have 250 hours on the motor been beat to piss ! I wouldn’t even consider a used boat with out 3-5 years of warranty left when I can load out a 19’6 boat that based off there best hull design produced and keep it for 10 years and have 7 years of warranty ! I’m sorry I wouldn’t spend that much on a used Premium model 19 foot boat I would spend couple extra grand and get the cougar sp model not trying to argue with you either

Quote Originally Posted by Erie_jerker View Post
    How is it a smarter choice to spend 60k on a used boat with 1-2 years left on warranty ? Usually those boats have 250 hours on the motor been beat to piss ! I wouldn’t even consider a used boat with out 3-5 years of warranty left when I can load out a 19’6 boat that based off there best hull design produced and keep it for 10 years and have 7 years of warranty ! I’m sorry I wouldn’t spend that much on a used Premium model 19 foot boat I would spend couple extra grand and get the cougar sp model not trying to argue with you either
    Ive seen quite a few used caracals with 3-4 years of full warranty left on the outboard, sub 200 hours on the rigs, sell for way less than 60k used (40-47k). 60k would get you a pretty heavy optioned new boat. I've never seen anyone 'beat the piss' out of their brand new boat around these parts at least. Most of the people that I've seen sell a boat thats still pretty new are coming out of a pro staff deal or they are just the types who always want a new one, or another model. I think the caracal platform in the used market will hit a flat line price after a while, and imo would be a better choice to buy a nicely rigged one over the classic. Let someone else take the hit. You'll still be getting a like new boat with warranty that wont sky dive in depreciation.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

The only thing I have to say on this topic is - decide the options that are important. If you find those on a used boat, buy it. If not buy new.

Sucks buying a used boat and then adding 10K to make it right. Trust me on that, I did it 3X before my wife said, "just take out a loan and buy the boat you want". Buy it once and be done.

No - she doesn't have a sister.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

8. Bobby8
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Ive seen quite a few used caracals with 3-4 years of full warranty left on the outboard, sub 200 hours on the rigs, sell for way less than 60k used (40-47k). 60k would get you a pretty heavy optioned new boat. I've never seen anyone 'beat the piss' out of their brand new boat around these parts at least. Most of the people that I've seen sell a boat thats still pretty new are coming out of a pro staff deal or they are just the types who always want a new one, or another model. I think the caracal platform in the used market will hit a flat line price after a while, and imo would be a better choice to buy a nicely rigged one over the classic. Let someone else take the hit. You'll still be getting a like new boat with warranty that wont sky dive in depreciation.
    I bought a 2015 Caracal 4 months ago with less than 30 hours for in the mid 40s with 3 more years of engine warranty remaining. Boat is like new and from an outstanding individual. Don't know where or how hard you have been looking but great deals are out there-either that or I am just lucky....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Sucks buying a used boat and then adding 10K to make it right. Trust me on that, I did it 3X before my wife said, "just take out a loan and buy the boat you want". Buy it once and be done.

No - she doesn't have a sister.

Now thats funny!

10. Bobby8
    No - she doesn't have a sister.[/QUOTE]

Is her Mom available?

11. Member
    I was facing the same dilemma...I have been looking and was thinking of getting a new PII or the Classic but really like the Caracal but knew I couldn’t afford a new one...A used 2015 Caracal with 168 hours kept popping up and it really caught my eye...Currently working out the logistics on getting It shipped from Alabama to Az...I was able to get it with an added 3 year warranty in addition to the remaining warranty...So my motor will be warrantied until 2/2022 and the hull a lifetime...

For some reason I can’t get the darn pictures to load...Purchased boat from Scott Brech of Brech Marine...Really impressed with the dealership up to this point and Scott is always ready to answer any of my questions...

12. Member
    If you got the blue Caracal, it’s a beauty. Drooled over it on the computer many times

13. Member
    You can find a used Caracal way under 60K with minimal hours and use.
    I have seen them in the 45K range.
    It all depends on what type of water you fish. What you want out of your boat. I do mostly shallow water bank beating. For me the Classic would be better than the Caracal.
    For me, the PII couldn't be beat. I purchased a used 2016 PII loaded. Lighted lockers. Power poles. 40 hours. HB899 Console and bow. $36290.00 out the door.
    Just have to be patient, but ready to buy.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

14. Member
    There was a 2015 Caracal for sale I think the Birmingham Craigslist for $41

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    If you got the blue Caracal, it’s a beauty. Drooled over it on the computer many times
    i sure did! Just signed the paperwork for it on Friday and pick up date for delivery is set for Monday...Scott Brech if Brech Marine has been amazing...Made buying a boat 1700 miles away pleasant...Can’t wait for it to be delivered...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123