Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Caracal is a premium model. Classic is a vision. Night and day quality products on the Caracal. From latches to live wells.
    I would take a used Caracal over the new Classic any day.
    You should be able to find a nice used Caracal for the price of a new Classic without searching hard.
    Either would be great fishing platforms. Good luck in your search!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

I've had my Caracal since last feb. I dont think the classic other than layout and dimensions even compares. Caracal is a premium boat, you get better live wells, its probably going to have a 36v trolling motor. Alot of them had poles and better graphs, some have hydraulic jack plates. It will fit in a 20x20 garage (i store mine in one). Better seats etc... Ive seen some caracals used with less than 200 hrs for about what a new classic gos for. Its alot more boat for the money.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbp View Post
    Went from an aluminum Triton, same as the Ranger, to the Caracal. Best decision I’ve made when fishing is concerned. Super wide, tons of storage, amazing ride. I haven’t missed the tin for one second.
    I really like my tin boat a lot but I want something that I can pretty much guarantee a good investment, peace of mind and tons of space for the kids and myself.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    It can only be an investment to you. No matter how you look at it, you’re going to lose money on a boat.

The Caracal will definitely have more room/space though. It’s one of the reasons I considered it as it should have fit my whole family rather comfortably for the 5 times in a decade we would all be in it.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    It can only be an investment to you. No matter how you look at it, you’re going to lose money on a boat.

The Caracal will definitely have more room/space though. It’s one of the reasons I considered it as it should have fit my whole family rather comfortably for the 5 times in a decade we would all be in it.
    I agree, poor choice of words on my part....a boat is not an investment, its a drag on money, haha
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Caracal for sure.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I just gotta get my boat sold or paid off and I am going to make a move on a caracal. Thank you for the advice fellas.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    The only thing I don't like on the Caracal is the relatively small floor space for a co angler bag. Most of us take a partner fishing and it just looks like you would have to climb over a bag in the middle of the floor. No way he puts a bag in front of their seat and have a place for their feet. Or at least it doesn't look like it to me.
    Last edited by Blue76; 02-25-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
    The only thing I don't like on the Caracal is the relatively small floor space for a co angler bag. Most of us take a partner fishing and it just looks like you would have to climb over a bag in the middle of the floor. No way he puts a bag in front of their seat and have a place for their feet. Or at least it doesn't look like it to me.
    The stowage on that boat is so vast both my rear compartments are next to empty for a co anglers bag. If they are lugging around a suit case sized one, then yea you might have some issues finding a home for that but I've never encountered it.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    The stowage on that boat is so vast both my rear compartments are next to empty for a co anglers bag. If they are lugging around a suit case sized one, then yea you might have some issues finding a home for that but I've never encountered it.
    You should see my partners bag. Never seen a bag so large... almost comical.

Look at it from a different perspective. The Classic has the vision touchpad - the Caracal has the A10. The A10 is much less prone to issues than the vision. The Caracal has a typical valve livewell system and spray bars. The Classic has a drain plug and single nozzle. The Caracal is also considered a Premium model, so it's made with higher quality resins and is much, much less apt to have hull blister issues. The Caracal also has a lot of premium features ( dry box air ventilation) and such that the P Classic just doesn't have. Given all of the premium additions of the Caracal as well as the higher quality glass build I'd personally go that route if the decision was mine to make - even if used. It's just not all about speed and ride, but longevity and what's under the skin.

Nothing against the Classic - it's a great looking boat. It's just a different level of build quality than the Premium lineup. Used to be with BCB models that the key build differences between them all was only hull length. Now there's three levels of quality that goes well past length and into components, glass resins, and durability to differentiate. The premium "stuff" costs a lot more money these days - to get it costs more.....

Quote Originally Posted by JStew View Post
    Look at it from a different perspective. The Classic has the vision touchpad - the Caracal has the A10. The A10 is much less prone to issues than the vision. The Caracal has a typical valve livewell system and spray bars. The Classic has a drain plug and single nozzle. The Caracal is also considered a Premium model, so it's made with higher quality resins and is much, much less apt to have hull blister issues. The Caracal also has a lot of premium features ( dry box air ventilation) and such that the P Classic just doesn't have. Given all of the premium additions of the Caracal as well as the higher quality glass build I'd personally go that route if the decision was mine to make - even if used. It's just not all about speed and ride, but longevity and what's under the skin.

Nothing against the Classic - it's a great looking boat. It's just a different level of build quality than the Premium lineup. Used to be with BCB models that the key build differences between them all was only hull length. Now there's three levels of quality that goes well past length and into components, glass resins, and durability to differentiate. The premium "stuff" costs a lot more money these days - to get it costs more.....
    Are these two statements true?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Are these two statements true?
    Do the premium models have a higher grade resin?
    Yes, the premium models use a Vinyl Ester resin which is better. However, the vision model is still built with the highest grade materials and still better than other manufacturers in the industry. The VE resin is available as an upgrade on all non-premium models.

Does the premium have a different level of build quality?
    No. The way the boats are built are exactly the same. All BCB boats are built with a vacuum mold process and none are riveted together but rather glassed top cap to hull. 24 OZ carpet is on all models with individual stringer systems for each model. They use the same transom materials and process. All trailers are made in house. The only difference is the resins and some different components.

Go to the BCB youtube page and watch the build videos.

Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    Yes, the premium models use a Vinyl Ester resin which is better. However, the vision model is still built with the highest grade materials and still better than other manufacturers in the industry. The VE resin is available as an upgrade on all non-premium models.

No. The way the boats are built are exactly the same. All BCB boats are built with a vacuum mold process and none are riveted together but rather glassed top cap to hull. 24 OZ carpet is on all models with individual stringer systems for each model. They use the same transom materials and process. All trailers are made in house. The only difference is the resins and some different components.

I did. I can understand the materials being a bit less grade then the premium models but the line about build quality was a bit off.

One more thing to note, the classic does come with 3" C channel trailer instead of a 4" C channel. But the classic is a tandem axle which I would rather have the 3" tandem than a 4" single axle which is just my preference. I've looked at the classic trailer and I'd have zero issues in owning a classic with that trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post

I agree that the build process is the same - but, the Vinyl Ester resin is ultimately the glue that holds it all together. Although the standard resin is better than other boats in the price point, it's still a downgrade in build quality compared to the premium line. I agree that the way the boats are built is the same process and the glass cloth is probably also the same. A glass boat is held together by the glue. The premium is much better glue.

The Vision line of boats have a number of cost cutting measures taken to make them more affordable - trailer design, livewell design, switches, and all of the premium touches are missing to make the boat more affordable. Wanna put a bow on the discussion - there's much less to possibly break or require maintenance on the Vision line than the Premium.

At one time in the not so distant past - every model used the same fiberglass resin, build style, box finishing, livewell design, components, and electrical panels. The Sabre was the only model that got the Vision touchpad, and it has had more than it's share of durability issues. Every trailer was identical standard except for tandem or single axle. Today's economics requires cost cutting measures if they're to put out a more affordable line of boats.

Wasn't trying to say a classic wasn't a fine boat. Just saying comparing a Classic to a Caracal is comparing apples and oranges in terms of the total package. The discussion should go to a level beyond MPH and ride. They're different animals from the same family.
    Last edited by JStew; 03-02-2018 at 02:23 PM.

17. Member
    Two great boats. I am considering also.

A good post from the BCB moderator: post 5 of:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=854398

Here is the post put up by the BCB Moderator at the time or Rick himself. It's an "in the weeds" discussion of the resins used on the boats. It's on this forum as well. I believe the information is still current:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...63.html#p31410

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Caracal is a premium model. Classic is a vision. Night and day quality products on the Caracal. From latches to live wells.
    I would take a used Caracal over the new Classic any day.
    You should be able to find a nice used Caracal for the price of a new Classic without searching hard.
    Either would be great fishing platforms. Good luck in your search!
    Agree, apples to oranges. If money is not an issues Caracal. If it is then the Classic becomes more relevant.

20. Member
    I’m Looking at the classic my self for a boat that cost $35000 starting you make it look or function like a advantage or premium model I’ve asked a bunch of questions through a few dealers you can get the better risen on the classic , you can get padded deck, you can get spray bars for the live well and drop in a oxygenator and better seats ...only things you are not getting is the security and storage ventilation and of course choice of color for the inside and other small things , I wouldn’t be hesitant on buying a classic you are still going to be way under $60000 for a fully loaded boat people say go caracal I just don’t like the lay out of that boat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast