Electronic mounting basscat eyra

I currently have a HB 1199 mounted I the dash of my basscat eyra. I am wanting to change to a solix 15. Can someone recommend a cover plate / mount option for this? Thanks

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrestifo View Post
    I currently have a HB 1199 mounted I the dash of my basscat eyra. I am wanting to change to a solix 15. Can someone recommend a cover plate / mount option for this? Thanks
    So, I am picking up a new basscat this week and did all the research before I ended up going with an in dash smaller unit. The result is I cannot give first hand knowledge, but I was comfortable with using Precision Sonar for this kind of thing. There is a lot of stuff posted on here about this kind of thing. Someone smarter and with more experience will chime in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrestifo View Post
    I have an 1199 in my dash also. Problem is it has such a big hole in dash to make it fit there is not a lot of area for the screws to catch to hold that plate on. I would say that anyone of the mount makers can help you. Bassboattech,Precision,etc.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

4. Member
    Randy at Precision can custom make a mounting system to fit almost anything and cover just about any hole. He will ask for pictures, measurements etc to be sure it will work for you. Nice guy.

5. Member
    Thank you for the info. I am reaching out to a few recommendations. Will post a few pics when complete.

6. Member
    I use a precision sonar mount on my Eyra. Best thing about it is you can adjust it to fit any size unit and change out the grommets to fit the pattern for any sonar brand. They are expensive, but honestly, once it's on the boat there should never be a need to change it out.