Where to buy replacement bunks?

Who has the best deal on carpeted bunks?

2. Member
    Cat had great deals on bunks for my Cougar but shipping was REAL expensive (not their fault) so I had my local dealer replace them. The total cost ended up being about the same with labor. Plus they inspected the bottom for blisters.

There is no way around shipping on a great big 2x6 if you have a 20’ boat.

The carpet on bunks is heavier than what’s in the boat, at least it was in my Cat, and they double wrap the bunks. That makes for real heavy/bulk shipping weights. Pretty much looking at freight. A smaller rig may be different? Seems like the job was 600.00ish?

I’ve done a couple pontoons that you can leave on the water. It’s not hard if you take your time.

3. Member
    Overtons.com {15% discount) or wholesalemarine.com
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

4. Member
    I'm looking to get my bunks replaced, so the whole job costed $600?
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Cat had great deals on bunks for my Cougar but shipping was REAL expensive (not their fault) so I had my local dealer replace them. The total cost ended up being about the same with labor. Plus they inspected the bottom for blisters.

There is no way around shipping on a great big 2x6 if you have a 20’ boat.

The carpet on bunks is heavier than what’s in the boat, at least it was in my Cat, and they double wrap the bunks. That makes for real heavy/bulk shipping weights. Pretty much looking at freight. A smaller rig may be different? Seems like the job was 600.00ish?

I’ve done a couple pontoons that you can leave on the water. It’s not hard if you take your time.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

5. Member
    Seems like that was it. I had a bunch of routine stuff done at that time. Total bill was a couple grand, they charged me more for bunks because I wanted them double wrapped. Cat does theirs that way. It was a 20’ boat on a tandem trailer.

6. Member
    bass cat uses the same carpet on the bunks as they use in their boats -- 24oz marine carpet. They will sell you a kit. I redid mine a year ago, spent about $150 total, which included carpet 2x6 PT lumber and about 1/2 gallon of contact glue. Already had a staple gun with stainless staples.

Not a hard job.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200