1993 200 EFI FUEL ISSUES

I have a 1993 200 EFI that has always ran great. It has sat unused for a few months. I tried to start it today and am having fuel issues. has a new fuel/water separator filter and fuel filter. With the fuel filter removed, I can pump the ball and am getting fuel to the filter. The fuel pump kicks in when the key is on. I'm just not getting any fuel to the cylinders. I know that I am getting fire. What am I overlooking? can the injectors be clogged?

2. Member
    Are you getting spark to both banks? One of the switchboxes feeds the ecu. I had a similar problem once, had spark but no fuel. Had I checked both banks for spark I would have found the problem a lot sooner, ended up being no spark on the other bank due to a bad switchbox.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Make sure there is actually fuel IN the VST. Could be as simple as a needle stuck in the VST (or much more complicated, such as everything gummed up).

Note that the forum "one down" from this one is the appropriate forum for 2.5L engines.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor