Thread: Concept Z

Concept Z

This real is amazing. Tried three different baits from 1/4 oz to 1.5 oz, no adjustment needed. Will flat throw as far as you can.

2. Member
    I didn't notice anything special about it's casting. Seemed very tame.

Even wide open spool tension it never got squirrely.
    I was able to cast over 375' with it.

Not only that but if the spool isn't balanced..ie backing braid with braid or mono. The line 2 line join knot WILL throw off the balance enough to make it really chatter. As the spool's shaft bounces around inbetween teh gaps in the bushings.

It's an average caster. Nothing more nothing less.

On the retrieve though Other reels are much more refined. Curado K has a smoother drag and feels much better under load. The gearing and gear support far and away is better than
    the Z's made in Korea japanese hamai cut gears :)

the tolerances on every czb are sloppy. Every single czb in the reel has tolerances that can be seen and felt. I swapped out a czb on the handle shaft base with a bearing from a quantum accurist. And the reel feels better under loadon the retrieve.

About the only thing i like about it over reels in it's price range is it's weight and size.

3. Member
    I have one. There are better options in the price range. So far it’s all hype and very little substance

I've had no problem with mine. I can flat out cast it.

5. Member
    I have had my hands on 4 new ones every single one makes a knocking noise on the retrieve. All are very sloppy built 2 of those 4 I can make the anti reverse slip. At best these reels are worth $80 at most.
    Lowrance Pro-Staff
    Picasso Outdoors
    PowerTeam Lures
    Red Dirt Baits
    Boing Lures
    E Custom Baits
    Full Throttle Tackle

6. Member
    As per other thread I got duped for 2-have to agree -80 dollar reel

7. Member
    I talked to a guy who works on reels he said "They went backwards and put a bushing in where bearings should be" He also said it is made of some new polymer but time will tell on longevity. He said " Hype for sales"