Please help! How bad is this gonna be?

2010 200 pro xs blew the motor today. threw a rod through the block. I realize different shops will vary but what needs do e to fix it and what ballpark cost am I looking at? literally sick to my stomach from it
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

2. Banned
    Needs a powerhead. Doesn't need to be fully dressed,

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dchance View Post
    2010 200 pro xs blew the motor today. threw a rod through the block. I realize different shops will vary but what needs do e to fix it and what ballpark cost am I looking at? literally sick to my stomach from it
    Ouch, that sux! Depending on who you buy from and new or used, very rough estimate $4-6K.

4. Member
    If you don't get a fully dressed powerhead make certain the root cause for failure is accurately determined or fate may strike again. Which cylinder failed? Might try posting in the 3L forum (what your engine is) for more responses and be sure to include your engine serial number.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Defer to the duplicate post in the 3L Forum, Please.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor