Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    there are two Ramps close together, both ramps are Free, NC Wildlife https://goo.gl/maps/CwqVJE2StwM2, The Tournament Permit is for Pinnicle, this is the Larger Ramp, hoping for a big turn out, the othe ramp is McCrary Creek is up in a cove , you can use either for practice, sounds like quite a few coming up early.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Member
    I grew up in this area and it’s been a long time since I’ve been on the boards. I just moved back home to Mooresville and I live about 10 mins from MCcrary Creek and stumpy creek ramps and about 20 from Blythe. Needless to say, as long as I can get scheduled off I’ll be there. Word of caution to those not familiar with Norman, the south end of the lake has a lot of shoals (most are marked). Do not run your boat inside (bank side) of any of the Chanel markers, lots of boulders and stumps that will rip off your lower end, the north (river) end of the lake can get treacherous with stump flats and rocks be wary of you go above the railroad tressels, this lake sees a ton of pressure year round, so don’t think you won’t catch them because “X” tournament is going on. Tons of good spotted bass and good largemouth if you know where to go /wink wink.

TL:DR
    im in and be safe out there. Just look for the murder bird doing 78-80 running around the lake spot to spot lol
    2017 Phoenix 721 ProXP / Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Also really fast for those not familiar with the area. The boat ramp is off HWY 150. It’s Exit 36 on I-77. The area is overpopulated for the roads, count on traffic. The QT on the right hand side of the road sells marine gas (non ethanol) and is on the way to the ramp and easy to get in and out of, DONT cut up the road beside QT, use the QT entrance, the road beside is hard to enter QT when pulling. There are 3 shoals between the no wake and the channel at Mcrary creek boat ramp. Stay left until you hit the channel. Other than that, you can write me a check if you’d like:). All jokes aside be safe and tight lines everyone!

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Thanks for Sharing. all local input is welcome

also guys just a reminder if you think you are going please go here and register. we need to keep up with the numbers it will really help with the prizes
    http://www.birdrally.com/signup/
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Anytime. Just signed up, look forward to it, I’m probably gonna fish solo if my father isn’t interested. So if someone wants me to light their hair on fire in the old mirder bird let me know.

CBC classic is 2wks after this tourney and I really need to be prefishkng it on Wylie but NC fish esp hearing lake fish move around so much that it won’t matter much.....

Im going to be following this guy around.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

7. Member
    Me too. Or I'll sneak a GPS tracker into his boat so i'll know where to go.

8. Member
    Speaking of where to go fish, what is a good chip I can buy for my lowrance HDS 12 gen 3 that has lake Norman info?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    Speaking of where to go fish, what is a good chip I can buy for my lowrance HDS 12 gen 3 that has lake Norman info?
    If you're going to be buying a chip, go ahead and buy the navionics+ chip. It has every lake in the U.S.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I like the Navionics Hotmaps Platinum + on a HDS because of the extra options with 3d shading but it comes in regions, the east covers whats in red, but the regular + that vausoner mentioned is a better deal if you travel
    Attached Images Attached Images
    info@drewcraft.com

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Guys this is awesome, we have boats coming from. NC,SC,NJ,PA,WV,VA,MD,TN,KY,OH,FL.
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    Haha you can follow but good luck keeping up

13. Member
    Made my reservations today via the phone number provided here. It goes to a reservation center. The guy said there is a block of rooms set aside but could not guarantee a ground floor room. I'm assuming the block of rooms are all on the first floor so we can charge out boats in the evening. Is this assumption correct?
    thanks, Mike

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    they have a new Phone system, 704-746-3288 but if you press 3 it will get you the local front desk in Mooresville, still they will not reserve a bottom room, they will note the reservation that you want a bottom room, its usually not a problem until it gets really busy, even then everyone in my groups always try to work together, we share cords, and help each other with parking. some will throw the cords over the balcony and some choose to stay hooked up and park with the trucks, they bring long heavy cords and a 3 way for friends.
    if you are one of those who still smoke, they have a entire side of the building for smokers,.
    I will be staying there 2 weeks before for a federation tournament and will work out more details with the manager.
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    Since I live 5 minutes away I can try to work and caress the details if you’d like

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have Printable Fliers if anyone would like some to hand out to you friends not on BBC or Trucks at the ramp with Phoenix Trailers or local dealers or Tackle shops. There are 100s of Phoenix owners not on Facebook or BBC that dont know about the Tournament so Spread the word.
    info@drewcraft.com

17. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    This number is direct to the desk at the Days Inn
    (704) 664-6100

Second location Quality Inn across the HWY in front of Walmart
    (704) 664-6556

info@drewcraft.com

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    We got some nice prizes lined up From Gatorbak, CB Marine, Pri-G, Foothills Marine and Stoltz, Looking for some more goodies so all you professionals out there with all the sponsor ships tell them we need some goodies for the tournament, we will put them on the website and mailers for advertisement.
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    If you want I can take a flyer to the local boat dealership off 150 5 mins from where we are launching. The name is foothills marine.

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAdams86 View Post
    If you want I can take a flyer to the local boat dealership off 150 5 mins from where we are launching. The name is foothills marine.
    Foothills is our Primary sponsor, they are on the flyers and they will be sending out Mailers to every phoenix owner in there database, this will come from Morganton and Mooresville locations. Josh at Foothills of Lake Norman is working on some stuff.

Can you drop some off at Carolina Tackle? I can send you a printable version

info@drewcraft.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast