Mississippi River Pool 13 open team tournament July 1

For anyone who thinks they have a good handle on pool 13 and would like to win some good money showing it here's your chance! I am directing an open team tournament sponsored by Angler's Dream tournaments out of Savanna marina on July 1. Entry fee is $400 per boat with guaranteed $2000 1st place. It is 90% 1 in 5 payback. Winners will also get a paid entry into the Angler's Dream Tournament of Champions on Lake Chickamauga in Tennessee on Oct. 5-6. Entry forms and rules can be found on the Angler's Dream website under the Go for the Gold tournaments. This is the 1st year for this and so far it seems to have good amount of interest, looking for a good turnout! Must pre-register! Would like to meet some BBC guys there!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

Dear Rips .... it's tempting - you trying to lure my buddy & I out of retirement from the T's. We passed the 7 decade level a while back but still love to fish and tell stories We will sit and have a beer and meditate and see what comes. It is a great fishing spot - Make your room reservations early.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

Dear Rips .... it's tempting - you trying to lure my buddy & I out of retirement from the T's. We passed the 7 decade level a while back but still love to fish and tell stories We will sit and have a beer and meditate and see what comes. It is a great fishing spot - Make your room reservations early.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

4. Banned
    $2000 based on how many entries?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooksetter5 View Post
    I wouldn't normally fish a high dollar tournament like this...I'm nowhere near good enough to compete. If it weren't for the partner I have I would keep my money and just direct it and fun fish. I've got a couple friends with trailers close so I'll be staying up there and pre fishing a few days so let me know if you guys are going to be around, would like to met you!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    $2000 based on how many entries?
    I believe that's if we have a very low turnout of 5 or less boats. 90% 1 in 5 payout would mean if there were 20 boats there would be a much higher payout. Angler's Dream is wanting to put their name out in the area and are guaranteeing the $2000 minimum.

7. Member
    I got a payout list. 20 boats will pay $3980.....30 boats will pay $4600.....40 boats pays $5025. Those are just the 1st place amounts, and you win the free Tournament of Champions entry which has a $10,000 guaranteed 1st place!

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    I got a payout list. 20 boats will pay $3980.....30 boats will pay $4600.....40 boats pays $5025. Those are just the 1st place amounts, and you win the free Tournament of Champions entry which has a $10,000 guaranteed 1st place!

9. Member
    $10K is guaranteed at the Championship? The website says the payout is based on 100 boats participating. Looks like last year they had 57. Just want to clarify which is accurate. Thanks

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 14decoys View Post
    $10K is guaranteed at the Championship? The website says the payout is based on 100 boats participating. Looks like last year they had 57. Just want to clarify which is accurate. Thanks
    I asked Stan, who is the man in charge at Angler's Dream, and he just told me $10,000 is guaranteed for the Tournament of Champions winner REGARDLESS the number of boats! Any questions on this feel free to contact them from their website. I am directing this tournament, but Angler's Dream will have responsibility of distributing prize money AT THE RAMP and any other winnings. Thanks for helping me clear that up, I will answer any question I can!

11. Member
    Ok, Thanks

I asked Stan, who is the man in charge at Angler's Dream, and he just told me $10,000 is guaranteed for the Tournament of Champions winner REGARDLESS the number of boats! Any questions on this feel free to contact them from their website. I am directing this tournament, but Angler's Dream will have responsibility of distributing prize money AT THE RAMP and any other winnings. Thanks for helping me clear that up, I will answer any question I can!

The summer in Savanna is like biker heaven. Any room will be hard to book if you don't book it now (or soon). The biker crowd is not a bad thing. These are guys and gals just like you and me - not troublemakers but just having fun doing what they love. We are tempted to go for it for old times sake ... we'll see. I assume it will go out of Savanna Marina where there are nice facilities and lots of parking.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200

13. Member
    I REALLY appreciate you telling me that! I can pass it on. If we have a real high turnout places to stay would be an issue.

14. Member
    this could be interesting. 400$ is pretty pricey, and I would worry about that some. I don't think there will be a lot of guys willing to drop 400$ for a single day tournament, but you never know. The 10K gets a great turnout, but there's better fishing and you're looking at 250$ for a chance at 10K not 400$ for 2k. Most of the big name guys will show up for sure, but I just feel like the average weekend angler will be scared away by the 400$ entry. Just my opinion, but it will be interesting to see and I applaud you for trying! Always good to see something new.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzzzbait88 View Post
    this could be interesting. 400$ is pretty pricey, and I would worry about that some. I don't think there will be a lot of guys willing to drop 400$ for a single day tournament, but you never know. The 10K gets a great turnout, but there's better fishing and you're looking at 250$ for a chance at 10K not 400$ for 2k. Most of the big name guys will show up for sure, but I just feel like the average weekend angler will be scared away by the 400$ entry. Just my opinion, but it will be interesting to see and I applaud you for trying! Always good to see something new.
    When Stan asked me to do this tournament I basically said the same thing. His thinking is that a lot of guys from outside the area who really like pool 13 might come here to fish for a decent paycheck. 2K payout is only if it's a very low turnout. If 100 boats were to fish like some of the tournaments you're talking about there would be closer to a 10k payout, probably over. This is a 1st year start for this and an opportunity for Angler's Dream to get their name out. Stan has already passed fliers around the Schaumburg sport show and is spreading the word. He will be at our next Harvester Club meeting in LeClaire Feb 13 when we have invited a COE officer come to speak on dam locking and safety. Anyone is welcome!

If Mama is coming the Savanna Inn is the nicest ... plus there are a couple bed and breakfast spots, too.
    http://www.savannainnandsuites.com/

Will entries be accepted at check-in?
    Yes $400 is a big nut

There is a motel in Thompson that is pretty nice Knights Inn (Villager Motel 815-259-7378) next to the prison (has a bar and restaurant).
    ... and Bucks Barn is operating under a new flag: Sandburr Run 815-902-6063

Then there is the L&M (now the Midwest Bikers Motel) 815-273-7728 in Savanna. Interesting fact is that L&M offers a shuttle service to in-town bars and restaurants. They will drop you off and pick you to return to the motel for tips - usually like $5 each way...
    Last edited by hooksetter5; 02-26-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Ranger R93 / Merc 200