Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Javelin View Post
    I got a fix for those metal fenders flopping around. I had the same problem on my Z8 and I made a set of 1/4" thick plates on my CNC table that bolt right up to the inside of the front 2 bolts.
    The pricing is pretty spot on with the Nitro website prices.

John and Javelin, when you say you've had problems with fenders can you elaborate? I know with my z6 the carpeted plywood kept coming loose from the fender. Is this what youre experiencing>?

2. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwurzel View Post
    Got any numbers for your boat - was looking at a Z19, replacing a Z6 (a while to go yet though) - so just curious right now
    With all gear + passenger and their gear, seeing about 61. I’m no speed demon so that’s fine by me. Usually have both deck seats in, as well as the second console on. I can do 65 solo all day running light without the extras. 175 Mercury w/24p fury
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

3. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donato View Post
    Thanks guys,

why the storage box fan? You find your stuff getting wet often?
    Curious on this also, anyone have details? I've experienced no wet spots in my boat.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donato View Post
    I've heard the website measurements may be off
    I measured one in the showroom and it is 23'4" with engine down and tongue folded
    Born to fish, forced to work.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tnsnow View Post
    I measured one in the showroom and it is 23'4" with engine down and tongue folded
    Thanks for going through that trouble, are you sure its 23'4 and not 22'4?

6. Member
    23' was as short as we could get it. Trimmed the engine down all the way and measured again. Brochure says 22'7"
    Born to fish, forced to work.

7. Member
    Thanks again, that's very strange though. A friend of mine who measured one at a dealer said it was less than the 22'7 that the website claimed. I don't get how they could vary.

Ej

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A7T3C View Post
    With all gear + passenger and their gear, seeing about 61. I’m no speed demon so that’s fine by me. Usually have both deck seats in, as well as the second console on. I can do 65 solo all day running light without the extras. 175 Mercury w/24p fury

Awesome, thank you - just made a bit of a straight forward decision much harder lol...........not a speed demon either, so very tempted by the Z18 now.....guess once I"m finally in a position to buy, I'll break that one down further. Appreciate the info, very much!!
    Nitro Z6 Optimax115 Elite HDI5 Bow 5x Pro Console

Turning the motor to one side is probably worth 5"
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Turning the motor to one side is probably worth 5"
    I'm hoping it doesn't come to that but its my ace in the hole lol

11. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwurzel View Post
    Awesome, thank you - just made a bit of a straight forward decision much harder lol...........not a speed demon either, so very tempted by the Z18 now.....guess once I"m finally in a position to buy, I'll break that one down further. Appreciate the info, very much!!
    I was really torn on which to go with, but for me the deciding factor was that I mostly fish alone during the weekdays or with one other. Probably can't go wrong with either, though the Z18 will definitely save you a bit - maybe add those savings to upgrading electronics or other options you want?

With the 175 Mercury it's got plenty of power, storage is great, and it's been a really dry ride thus far. Not a single complaint here.

You have an exciting choice to make when you're ready to buy! Have fun.

Thanks again, that's very strange though. A friend of mine who measured one at a dealer said it was less than the 22'7 that the website claimed. I don't get how they could vary.

Ej
    The reason for different lengths on the trailer is due to the position that the winch post is at. It can be moved forward or back by simply loosening the u-bolts and sliding it where you want it. Do this when the boat is off the trailer of course. If it is all the way back to the point where the V in frame starts, the length will be at the maximum, move it forward and you shorten it... There might be 8" or so of adjustment, not sure exactly how much... This is an old pic shortly after I bought the boat, but you can see that I could move it forward I'm guessing another 4" or so, which I have already...

Sorry for the poor picture quality.. But Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KCLOST; 02-09-2018 at 10:51 AM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

13. Member
    KCLOST,

that makes much more sense now, thanks for clearing that up for me.

14. Member
    Remember moving the winch stand can change weight distribution and effect towing.

You are correct, but I can honestly say I have not noticed any difference at all from where I had it in the pic to now being all the way forward.... I believe it is very minimal...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

16. Member
    If it were that crucial I would imagine nitro would ensure the winch stands were set in place from factory in the same position.

I should have added that I have a Dual Axle trailer for my Z19, which is the way to go IMO with any rig 18ft or longer...
    I am also not sure who rigs the trailers.... They may use or used the same trailer for the Z18, Z19, and maybe even the Z20 (at least a year or two ago, I do think the trailer for the Z20 is different this year for sure)....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

18. Member
    I would be getting the pro package which comes standard with the dual axle. That would make sense as far as the winch support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12