Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do so many people sell their Loomis rods?

Maybe it's just me but it seems like G. Loomis rods are posted way more than any other brand in the "For Sale" section of BBC. Why such turnover?

2. Banned
    Because you can have a better custom made rod for the same price as some of their high end stuff?

3. Member
    They sell for good money???
    Last edited by bronzebacks; 02-02-2018 at 02:13 PM.

4. Member
    Because there are a lot of them on the market in general?

For the same reason you see lots F150's out there for sale , lots of people own them. Not because it's a inferior product.

6. Banned
    I was thinking of posting the same question just last week.

I wondered if they were not really worth the cost (sensitivity per $). maybe people are selling them to buy something more affordable ?? I'll never know because they are too expensive for my budget.

7. Member
    I sold mine because I found an inexpensive rod I really liked and I could buy 6 for what I sold the GLoomis rod for. Won’t make me cry if I break one of them! Really liked the rod though!

Maybe like Bay Liner Boats, yea its a boat among others. but see them for sale all time on CL. Never owned one.. and don't desire one either, same for loomis rod. Mt old Garcia, Ugly Sticks and a few other brands serve me well It's not how fast ya fish, its how fast the fish Bite da HOOK!

9. Member
    The guy buying the loomis, steez, megabass, Kistler zbone and like rods is looking for ultimate performance and cost is not a barrier. We upgrade when something we think might be better comes out. Many guys who frequent this site are in this category.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

10. Member
    I have owned and fished steez, megabass high end, st croix xtreme, kistler z bone, Dobyns DX etc. I have also sold and bought many of these on the board. I still cannot find a rod that is as sensitive as an NRX or some GLX's and they still command top dollar here and elsewhere. Why do I sell them? Because I love tackle and I like to constantly try different rods. Of course there is a core that I absolutely keep like the NRX 873's and some older GLX's. I know from my chats with many others on here that there are a lot of others like me on this board.

I am glad they do, it is the only way I would ever own one (or three in my case). I personally cannot see "enough" difference between a $300 rod (enter whatever brand you like) and a $550 dollar NRX to justify the purchase. Very good rods but given I fish for fun and do some club tournaments I cannot justify the cost.

Because they are overpriced. Several good American made rods can be bought much cheaper.

13. Member
    This is why I build rods. There are blanks on the market every bit as good, or better, and I get to build the rod I want, the way I want, to fit me. I don't sell my rods. I pay good money for these blanks, but everything else is exactly the way I choose, not some guy at a rod company building for the masses.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

14. Member
    I sold a few of my Loomis NRX rods to help fund the purchase of an Ultrex.

15. Member
    I can buy what ever I want, I fish AllStar rods.
    i have many I have fished with for 30 years.
    I find their quality and performance as good as any out there
    same with the 20 year old Calcutta 100’s I fish

16. Member
    Don’t get me wrong but I love loomis but imo there’s rods out there that are 180 .00that are just as sensitive to me lighter and better balanced then my nrx’s. For the price difference nrxs isn’t worth it imo
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shimanogloomis man View Post
    Don’t get me wrong but I love loomis but imo there’s rods out there that are 180 .00that are just as sensitive to me lighter and better balanced then my nrx’s. For the price difference nrxs isn’t worth it imo
    Care to share some of those $180.00 rods with us? Just ask’in.

I'm like most and can't afford to fish all Loomis rods. I did buy an IMX a few years ago CHEAP at a going out of business sale...couldn't pass it up. It fished okay, but I wasn't overly impressed, and I was thinking about selling it but my wife talked me into keeping it. I used it mostly for casting Texas-rig big worms on ledges. Last spring the reel seat got loose so I sent it back to Loomis. They sent me a new IMX Mag Bass and it's FANTASTIC! I'm using it to pitch and love it! WON'T BE SELLING THIS ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by pa17522 View Post
    Care to share some of those $180.00 rods with us? Just ask’in.
    Hammer and ALX. Almost as sensitive as the NRX (so close that some wont be able to tell a difference) and more than the IMX.

Both USA made, light, durable, great customer service. I own all 4 of the rods mentioned, so not just regurgitating stuff I have heard.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Hammer and ALX. Almost as sensitive as the NRX (so close that some wont be able to tell a difference) and more than the IMX.

Both USA made, light, durable, great customer service. I own all 4 of the rods mentioned, so not just regurgitating stuff I have heard.
    Not to hijack the thread but it looks like all Hammers rods are micro guide rods. Do they make a macro or full size guide rod line?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast