19 TRX Ride Question

I'm looking at the 19 TRX as an affordable option to upgrade from a tin bass boat I currently own. I found myself fishing more big water this past year and don't see that changing. By big water I mean Lake MI & Green Bay. I'm curious to get peoples thoughts on how the 19 TRX handles big water. I realize a longer boat would be even better but I'm not able to do anything bigger currently. If you're able to give me comparisons to other boats that would fall into the same class like a Phoenix 819/919 etc that would help. Thanks!

2. Member
    If i was going to fish the waters you mentioned, I would seriously consider a 1875 or 2075 Lund pro v bass. I use to fish lake Michigan in my Triton, but it was to nerve racking especially if the wind changed directions. Had a few white knuckle drives. Remember the great lakes don't have waves they have rollers.

3. Member
    The great lakes has everything. Even with a light wind there's always a prevailing roll out there. I've been in legit 4+ footers and driving isn't pretty. Especially in a tin bass boat. Thanks for the feedback!

4. Member
    The 19TRX is one of my favorite Tritons. I sell a bunch of them with both the 200, and 225. The boat runs and fishes much bigger than it's 19'9'' length. With all bass boats on the Great Lakes you must respect the weather. I have been caught on Sturgeon Bay in 6 foot rollers in a Triton, I was not driving one of my friends was at the helm in my boat. I think you will really like the boat coming out of a aluminum boat, especially the soft ride. That is a big upgrade coming from a aluminum boat to a 19TRX. You will love it.

5. Member
    What kind of speed performance are you getting out of the 19 TRX with the 225

6. Member
    19TRX's with a 225 run in the low 70's. The ride is second to none in that size boat.

7. Member
    He won’t be buying from kens sports in kaukauna I can tell u that. Dealing with them has soured his thoughts on triton

8. Member
    19 trx is a fast boat but I think you give up some ride quality for that speed. never been on a lake that sizes but I know it was rough on a nc lake in a good wind

9. Member
    I just got a 19 TRX and had the Boat Doc in Lomira do some work on it and could not be happier. I have no affiliation with them but have had a lot of boats and their work is top notch. I plan on using mine on bago and the upper lakes. Came from a Basscat Puma FTD and had a few walleye boats. The deck width is amazing and the keel tells me it will eat rough water. From what I have read, the hole shot is amazing on these so I think it would do very well on the bay. No bassboat is good up there when it is rough. No walleye boat either. Best of luck and if you are still considering one later and want to go out on bago let me know.

10. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I think you know my buddy Jon. I believe he's told you about my concerns with buying a Triton from Kens. I reached out to Triton with my concerns and they put me in touch with Marty. He said he'd talk with Ken's and get back to me. I've been waiting a week from the time he said he'd call me. Between that and my poor experience with Ken's I feel like altogether avoiding them and Triton.