Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Anyone tried to trade in an RT yet?

I am just curious about how much these boats carry their value or don't?
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

I have a 2015 RT188, Boat still looks like new, was only offered 16,000.00 for it on trade, to say the least I was not impressed with the trade in value, These are nice well made boats but they depreciate in value just like everything else.

3. Member
    With the price of them seemingly going up every year and their popularity keeps growing as well, I would assume you could sell your boat for more than a trade in if you take great care of your ride.

Yep you are correct, a dealer will always cut you deep, always better to sell outright than trade in, will definitely get more out of it

5. BBC SPONSOR
    I am not wanting to sell, just curious as to what kind of value they are in comparison to the glass boats. sounds like they are taking a beating
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

6. Not Banned
    What was the new price?

7. BBC SPONSOR
    I paid $38K for mine, loaded up though. 4" TH marine jackplate, dual console, 80lb fortrex upgrade, 150 4 stroke, hot foot, dual trim levers, upgraded wheels, cover, 8' power pole, Elite 7TI and Elite 9Ti. Mine is fancy and purdy all loaded up. Darn near as much as a glass boat but fishes way better!
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/a...458390161.html

This guy thinks they are worth more than new!

Quote Originally Posted by SE66 View Post
    Yep you are correct, a dealer will always cut you deep, always better to sell outright than trade in, will definitely get more out of it
    Thats true and it goes for all flavor boats not just tins.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

10. Member
    SE66. What are you looking for? I have a 2015 bass cat sabre I might be interested in trading you.. Im about 50 miles from Columbus.

11. Member
    Are you wanting to sell? I am from the meridian area

12. Member
    Mine is a 2016, my dealer said I could trade it in if i wanted but said I could easily sell it for $20-22K. Significantly more than what they would do on a trade.

We'll I have been fighting the fever for a Z519, but after pondering the price over and over I finally have decided to keep. A paid for boat, would be nice to have one but just more than I am wanting to spend, I love the 188 and just need to quit dreaming and be happy with what I have

In my opinion, it's not what a dealer will give you on a trade-in ---------. It's what the dealer will sell it for. They mark up used boats a lot. A whole lot. I am not saying it is not justified because they take a risk ...... They don't really know what the condition is, really. They usually have to stand behind the boat and motor for a little while, maybe 30 days or so. They have to spend technician and shop time to get it ready to sell. They usually do some advertising. They have to pay the salesman a commission. And believe it or not....they have to make a profit to keep the lights on and pay the expenses.....and then there are dealers that don't want a trade-in and are not going to give a fair price for it. They are a risk and a hassle and can sit on the lot. Also the dealer has HIS money tied up in it while it sits there.......

The best way to determine what the value is would be to look at some of the internet boat sales sites and see what the asking price is... What they sell for. As for that...mine is a 2013 and I would NOT take 16 for it today....or ask people shopping for a good used boat. The Ranger boat will hold it's value better. People who don't even know boats know the Ranger name and what it represents and it's been that way for a long time.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Quote Originally Posted by SE66 View Post
    We'll I have been fighting the fever for a Z519, but after pondering the price over and over I finally have decided to keep. A paid for boat, would be nice to have one but just more than I am wanting to spend, I love the 188 and just need to quit dreaming and be happy with what I have
    Wise decision. Take it from one ( As like many on here to ) that did the glass thing. Then return to tin. Only thing your missing is a lot of head aches. That isn’t needed.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

16. Member
    too answer this question right. bought new rt-188 in feb, two months later same dealer they offered me 19.600. they are not holding value. the boat has 1000 dollars worth of upgrades, and less than 4 hrs. on the motor. i told the salesman, it would sit in storage before i took a 5000 plus beating. ranger still builds a nice boat, but resale, and trade in are not there. with the gas going up that could change.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd500 View Post
    too answer this question right. bought new rt-188 in feb, two months later same dealer they offered me 19.600. they are not holding value. the boat has 1000 dollars worth of upgrades, and less than 4 hrs. on the motor. i told the salesman, it would sit in storage before i took a 5000 plus beating. ranger still builds a nice boat, but resale, and trade in are not there. with the gas going up that could change.
    Your expectations might be unrealistic. Here is a new one for 23 and change with a SHO motor and an aluminum trailer.....more upgrades than you have. The dealer has to pay to sell your boat nd SELL it for LESS than a new one.... they don't work for free. Maybe you paid more than this....but a buyer won't pay more for yours than he would a new one especially when the new owner warranty does not fully transfer. The dealer made you a good offer. More than I would offer under the circumstances...... it's a used boat.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...t188-102623541
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

18. Member
    List it here with Al and keep what ever difference you can make.

19. Member
    that is your opinion, but i see you would not take 16,000 for yours. this is not a pissing match just opinions. thanks

20. Member
    hold on to it, the price of aluminum may be going up by 60%, it will be worth a heck of a lot more then. According to BOAT.com
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast