New 2018 G3 Bay 22 DLX with Yamaha 200 hp SHO

Just completed break-in. Top speed 59.7 mph@6300 rpm, on the limiter. Air temp 40 deg, slight chop on freshwater. Just myself; live wells empty. Motor all the way down on 6” Atlas jackplate. Prop to pad about 4.25”. Engine doesn’t like to be raised up; drops speed quickly. Also doesn’t like much trim. Best trim was about 50%. Prop is Yamaha M 14.5 x 21. MK Terrova 36v troller. 4 Lithium batteries, Dual Pro 4 bank x 15 amp charger, my normal winter gear. Ride was rock solid with no drama, but minimum bow lift. Prop slip pretty high @17%. Felt like the boat was stuck to the water.

I’m pretty happy with the setup as is, but any suggestions on another 3 blade or 4 blade prop or other setup recommendations?
    Thanks in advance

2. Pat Goff
    It’s not a bass hull. It’s never ever going to lift like a bass hull. Try to force it to and find yourself inside a porpoising nightmare.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    I have friend that has the same boat and a sho but with a 225 . It lifted like crazy . Would run 65. That is a big boat . But your problem is more prop related. Tempest run pretty good on a sho . Yamaha props are hard to get . See if you can find a 23 tempest to start with and raise the motor up to 3.5 below pad and run it . I would try and find one to barrow before I would buy one . But a Yamaha sho propeller would be the best as it is a 15” Dia. Prop and will lift the boat .

4. Member
    Thanks, skennedy. I’ll try the SHO prop.

5. Member
    I have this same boat as well. I have a Yamaha OX66 250, with no jackplate, 6.5" pad to prop, 21" ptich 3 blade merc prop and can only run 57.4 GPS. I put on a 10" manual jackplate and a 23" pitch 4 blade merc. prop. I'm running 3.5" pad to prop and can only run 57.5. I don't understand how you guys can run 65 MPH with less HP. Please help lol. Am I running to much setback?

6. Member
    If you are turning 6300rpm go up pitch sizes with your prop should get you some more speed. You should be running a sho prop (ventless) probably help with bow lift

7. Member
    I'm turning 5600 rpm. I'm going to try a 3 blade 23 pitch