How to I squeeze in beg electronics????

NOT A BASS BOAT, but I’d greatly appreciate some help! I just ordered a new Ranger Angler 1880 MS. With the boat I ordered two Solix 12’s. One of them to be mounted at the dash, and the other up front. I also just purchased a 9 inch Garmin EchoMAP Plus that I use with my Panoptix ice bundle. I’d love to mount that Garmin and the Solix at the dash, and use the garmin for mapping, and use the Solix for sonar. The Solix is too big to be flush mounted, and I’d rather not flush mount the Garmin, because I’d like it easily removable so I can throw it in my ice kit in the winter. So I’m looking for suggestions for a way to mount the two either on top of each other, or next to each other? Obviously I’d rather not block the entire windshield. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks for your time!

2. Member
    Gonna have to utilize the space that is designed for a flush mount unit in addition to dash surface, you can surface mount the Garmin with the gimbal mount on the plate where graphs are typically flush mounted. That said removing and reinstalling a flush mounted unit in this location would be relatively easy every fall as it’s so easily accessible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BHT View Post
    Gonna have to utilize the space that is designed for a flush mount unit in addition to dash surface, you can surface mount the Garmin with the gimbal mount on the plate where graphs are typically flush mounted. That said removing and reinstalling a flush mounted unit in this location would be relatively easy every fall as it’s so easily accessible.

So, flush mount the Garmin, and put the Solix up top?

4. Member
    Where are you at in MN? You think you can do this yourself or you looking for someone to do it?

5. Member
    Correct, I’d flush mount the Garmin and put the solid where the sunglasses are, prolly on a Ram Single Swing arm type of mount or similar. As I mentioned, taking the Garmin out in fall and installing in spring each year would be that bad as the panel is just a couple of screws

Quote Originally Posted by Bdiddy2138 View Post
    So, flush mount the Garmin, and put the Solix up top?

Go to RAM mount site lot of options

7. Member
    I think your screwed due to the windshield, I don't see the 'bird going on a RAM mount....

8. Banned
    You are not screwed. It will work. Get the units and a partner, and start holding them up in place. There are a few options. One is to fill the "flush" area with a nice strong board/panel and use it as an area to mount a base. Have that unit coming up from its base, blocking the area where the sunglasses are setting. Maybe a Ram swingarm mounted on top of that warning sticker next to the capacity plate. Allowing the unit to swing over, and beneath the upper unit. There are many options. Get the units in your hands and start playing. It can be fun.

9. Member
    Did you ever get the Solix 12 mounted?

10. Member
    maybe look at the swing arm that mounts on a flat surface, the one pictured about is vertical mount

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-109H
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live