Question 1998 triton tr 18 new console control panel

Been thinking about replace the whole control panel set up. Has anyone done this? I tried searching the forum. I've seen the control panels for sale for marine application on ebay and amazon. I think all the switches are 3-way. As far as the face plate goes I'm not really worried about. Was thinking about making one out of diamond plate or something like that. Then just cut that to fit the size of whatever control panel I buy. Any tip would be appreciated.

I redid mine using plexiglas and wrapped it with carbon fiber patterned vinyl. Plexiglass or lexan is fairly inexpensive, readily available at any home improvement center (look in their window section), can be bent/formed, and cut/sanded with simple hand tools.
    Aluminum is another option - a bit tougher to cut/sand, and form, but still doable with most hand tools. Starboard material is more expensive, but likewise easy to cut/sand... not great for forming though.
    Plexiglass, Lexan, & Aluminum can be painted, hydro-dipped, or vinyl wrapped. Starboard plastic is a bit tougher to paint, but can be dipped or wrapped... But it's best to leave it plain.

Here's a link to my post on the Boat & Trailer Bling forum, FYI:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=590364

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    if looking to hydrodip after its made would be happy to assist you.

4. Member
    I bought sheet of plastic that has the carbon fiber look. I took mine out and traced out a form on a piece of cardboard then used the form to cut out the plastic here is a link to the stuff I used.

http://shop.decorativeplasticsheets....3-16-CF101.htm
    Last edited by andyco; 02-17-2018 at 04:35 AM.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    The above is nice if you like the look of that carbon. With us your not limited to that one look you can choose whatever look /color you like the possibilities are endless. Cost would be very similar between buying that , and /buying making a plain piece of plexi, lexan, abs, aluminum and sending to us for your choice of finishes.