Keeping the glove box lid closed

What have y’all done to keep the small glove box lid in front of the cooler closed while at speed? My last Stroker I had no trouble with this but with this one anything over 50mph or so the lid flys open. Are there any little tricks y’all use to keep the lid closed so that I don’t have to worry about the contents blowing out? I’ve thought about epoxying a pair of magnets, one in the lid and the other to the hull. Any other ideas will be appreciated.

2. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    My first stroker had that problem so I never put anything in it. Once I the lid flew open and the tray (lack of a better description) flew out and I lost everything that was in it.

I like the idea about the magnet. epoxy one in the boat and place a small metal strip in the lid..

Keep us posted on your fix.

3. Member
    some industrial velcro is what i use.. also i've adjusted the hinge so the lid is a bit farther forward..

4. Member
    I also use velcro, it works fine.

5. Member
    Mine had magnets, worked perfect
    Mr StrokerDee :thumb

6. Member
    New carpet. Mine was starting have a problem before I re-carpeted the boat. Once I did that, no more problem.
    fastglass1
    2000 Stroker
    2005 250XS
    30+ Performer 3 and 30 Performer 4

7. Member
    Mine has opened and cost me several items in the last 2 years, I was working on putting an adjustable spring loaded cabinet or closet door retainer on mine then attach a small metal piece with a detent in it, I bought the parts a year ago but moved and havent relocated them yet, but the one i found on the internet had external threads so you can adjust the spring tension by running it in and out changing its depth, hope you can understand what i am talking about. magnets might be easier but i tried to think of all possibilities without having anything external to hang your clothes or fishing line on?

Quote Originally Posted by james69z28 View Post
    Mine has opened and cost me several items in the last 2 years, I was working on putting an adjustable spring loaded cabinet or closet door retainer on mine then attach a small metal piece with a detent in it, I bought the parts a year ago but moved and havent relocated them yet, but the one i found on the internet had external threads so you can adjust the spring tension by running it in and out changing its depth, hope you can understand what i am talking about. magnets might be easier but i tried to think of all possibilities without having anything external to hang your clothes or fishing line on?

Didn't realize you was in Chattanooga, I go down and fish Chick and Nickajack 5 to 6 times a year.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastglass1 View Post
    New carpet. Mine was starting have a problem before I re-carpeted the boat. Once I did that, no more problem.
    I’m going with seadek so carpet isn’t an option anymore.

10. Member
    I’ve thought about a detent but wasn’t sure about it.

11. Member
    I was cruising around 85 mph in a tournament for a 30+ mile run. Got there and had no cooler lid at all. Got a replacement from chub and used lock nuts to keep it from coming out again. Tight carpet fit helps keep it closed. I also replaces my carpet this past fall with heavier (plush) carpet, and now all lids are tighter.

12. Member
    Your close to me also, which stroker do you have?