Value on stella fd

What would be an approximate value on a mint shimano stella fd 2500 and 3000 with box and everything?

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    To be honest.... I would not pay over $350 for one in excellent condition. I can get equal quality spinning reels for much less $$$$.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    To be honest.... I would not pay over $350 for one in excellent condition. I can get equal quality spinning reels for much less $$$$.
    Such as?

4. Member
    Limited crowd for a Stella in the Bass fishing world. They are nice but a Sustain or Stratic will do the job for me. That said lots of us would buy one at the right price used, 250 is about all I would pay for one used.

5. Member
    About $300 is the most I would pay. To be honest. I would probably buy a new jdm Daiwa certate first.

6. Member
    I agree. I have a few stellas, (had for over 10 years now) that I use for saltwater and they still work like new. I have just started freshwater fishing in the last year or so and purchased the Stratic c14+ and love it. I'm looking to get a stratic FK next for my other rod.
    I have a friend that uses a cheap Penn reel and he catches more fish that I could shake a stick out. Its all about the feel.

$300...parts starting to run scarce
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"