Viper Coral with blown powerhead.

Need advice. I have a 2003 Viper Coral. I recently blew the powerhead on my 2003 Mercury Optimax 225 hp. I'm considering repowering. Don't really want to rebuild it and possibly deal with more issues in the near future. What would you guys do? Love the boat, but wonder about selling the hull and looking for a different boat. What would the hull be worth?

JV

If you can and want to, knowing you're going to keep it, repower with a new motor. Finance it. You'll have warranty for days and payment shouldn't be awful. If you're going to sell it in the near future though, don't repower with new. Either rebuild or sell and buy a new rebuilt motor. Either way, selling as is you're going to take a huge hit, either with the blown motor or selling with a brand new motor on it. I've repowered mine twice now. First one was due to wear from when I bought it used and the second time was due to having high hours and a ring let go.

3. Member
    I have a 2000 Viper Coral which I repowered with a 2013 Pro XS 200. I have no regrets, since there are no fish & ski boats currently made that have the fishability and performance of the Coral.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

4. Member
    I repowered with a '16 225. No regrets at all and no more payments which I wouldn't be able to say about buying a new boat.
    2000 Viper Coral 202/225 Pro Xs
    Ghost, HDS Lives, etc, etc.