Low water pickup or not?

Lower unit busted and it had all of bobs low water pickup goodies on it. My question is do I need all of that stuff? Its a Intimidator 2000 hull with a 225 etec on it. Sure i want it to run as fast as possible but 98% of the time it will just be ran at cruzing speed of 50 to 60. Im not against spending the money for all of the low water. Im just looking for honest Opinions from people with more Knowledge and Experience than i have. In all honesty i only have about an hour or less seat time in the G and the lower with all the goodies looks sweet.

2. Member
    Can you get a lightning gen 1 model lower unit for the etec? I’d that would work just fine. The magnum gearcases are slower than the lightning gen 1’s across the board and with most gamblers you don’t need to run the lower unit higher than 2” below pad to get your best speed and that would keep your water pressure up without all the goodies.

3. Member
    OMC 3liter case with a LWP added and pinned carrier is the best case.....

4. Member
    If you arent running your propshaft at or above the pad you dont need the cone. What is your top speed? If it is less than 85 you done need a cone.